Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Government of India
(Department of School Education & Literacy)
B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62, Noida,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh -201309
URL: www.navodaya.gov.in, Tele: 0120-2975751
1st June , 2020
The Deputy Commissioner
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
All Regional Offices
Sub : Opening of JNVs after summer vacation – Action to be taken – reg.
Sir / Madam,
As you aware, summer vacation was declared w.e.f. 1st April, 2020. In the meantime, lockdown was declared to contain pandemic COVID and it continued up to 31st May,2020. In general summer vacation is for 60 days and in a year, 30 days are given for different breaks, festivals etc. as per local conditions. Already schools are closed for more than two months due to vacation and pandemic COVID.
In the meantime. MHA has issued guidelines for opening schools wherein it has been mentioned that schools, colleges, educational / training 1 coaching institutions etc. will be opened after consultations with States and UTs. State Governments / UT administration may hold consultations at the institution level with parents and other stakeholders. Based on the feedback, a decision on the re-opening of these institutions will be taken in the month of July, 2020
From above, it is clear that schools are not allowed to open in June, 2020. It is pertinent to mention that academics of students could not suffer for long long time. In view of above, it is decided to open the schools for online classes from 15th June, 2020 onwards. Accordingly, the following guidelines are given:-
1. The teachers who have left the JNV campus for availing vacation on or before 10th April, 2020 will report to the JNV on 10th June, 2020. However., wherever quarantine camps are functioning in JNVs, they will report through online and start working from home.
2. The teachers who are away from JNVs for more than 60 days should report on 10th June, 2020.
3. The above mentioned teachers will work to assist the Principal, Vice Principal and other staff in preparation of physical opening of school for which the date will be notified by NVS as per MHA / Ministry guidelines.
4. All JNVs will have online classes w.e.f. 15th June, 2020. Accordingly, Principals have to make arrangement for online classes using their smart classes and other computer class.
5. Textbooks are to be issued to the students by calling only the parents ( class wise and section wise ) between 10th- 20th June, 2020. Only 40 parents (One section) are to be called in a day for the distribution of text books.
6. For the smooth conduct of online classes, JNV may issue a laptop from smart room with proper receipt and acknowledgement to the teachers, if they do not have own computer / laptop. Teachers may use the laptop for online classes until physical classes begin.
7. In case, the teachers are stranded in JNVs and supporting JNVs for official work by working from home, such teachers will be compensated as per NVS norms. Principal will certify that they were supporting JNVs by staying in the campus. A proposal in this regard is to be forwarded by the Principals to the Regional Offices for sanctioning compensatory leave as per NVS norms. These leaves will be granted, but due care has to be taken that academics do not suffer.
8. Arrangement may also be made to facilitate the students of Class XII(session 2019-20) to stay in campus to prepare and appear for pending CBSE examination(AISSCE-2020) w.e.f. 25.6.2020 as per the schedule of the examination.
Reporting of teachers physically to the JNVs is to be done in the areas where lockdown is lifted and the quarantine camp in the JNVs, if any, is shifted. In this regard, movement / travel will be as per the guidelines of MHA/State Govt./District authorities.
You are requested to ensure that action is taken as per the above guidelines. Please ensure that the textbooks are sent to JNVs from the camp offices on or before 9th June, 2020, if the same is not distributed to JNVs.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.