Appeal for contribution to provide financial assistance to the dependent family members of the employees who expired after the start of Covid pandemic – regarding
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
(Deptt. of School Education & Literacy)
Website : www.Navodaya.gov.in
F. No. 12-1(50)/2021-NVS(GA)/195
The Deputy Commissioner
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
All Regional Offices
Sub : Appeal for contribution to provide financial assistance to the dependent family members of the employees who expired after the start of Covid pandemic – regarding
Please refer to this office letter of even number dated 07.05.2021 and subsequent reminder dated 17&18.05.2021 on the above noted subject where under an appeal was made to all Navodayans to give consent for voluntary contribution of their 02 days salary from the month of May, 2021 so as to provide monetary relief of around Rs. 2.00 Lakh or more to the families of the deceased NVS employees, demised while in service from 01 April, 2020 onward. This was with the intention to provide some extra relief to the families of our beloved colleagues besides all the death benefits extended to them as per NVS/Govt. rules.
2. The consent for aforesaid contribution received from the employees is not very encouraging as the figure of employees who have consented for the above contribution is not inspiring and out of them many volunteered for less than 02 days of their salary’s contribution.
3. We Navodayans always stood with our colleagues and their families during their hard time. When the whole world is struggling with the pandemic we should extend our little monetary support to the families of our deceased colleagues. This may prove to be a great help for their families and it will be a true tribute to the departed souls.
4. Notwithstanding the above, continuous efforts are being made by the Samiti, in consultation with the Ministry of Education for implementation of various welfare schemes in respect of NVS employees. The same will be shared in public domain, after receipt of the approval from Govt.
5. It is further requested that the employees under your jurisdiction who have not consented to contribute or who have consented to contribute less than 02 days salary be motivated to come forward to contribute at least two days of their salary for the month of May/June, 2021 to provide a little monetary relief to the families of our deceased colleagues.
6. The deductions in respect of the employees who have volunteered for contribution for this noble cause may be made from the salary for the month of May, 2021 as already communicated telephonically and the consolidated amount may be retained in the Regional Office till further orders.
7. Further, it is requested to submit following information by 2.00 PM on 28.05.2021, positively to the undersigned through email ID nvsparliamentagmail.com
i. The consolidated list of employees who volunteered for the above contribution as per the format attached as Annexure-I.
ii. The consolidated list of employees who DO NOT volunteered for the above contribution as per the format attached as Annexure-II.
iii. Consolidated amount of contribution as per the format attached as Annexure-III.
iv. Details of employees demised w.e.f. 01.04.2020 as per the format attached as Annexure-IV.
Joint Commissioner (Admn.)
Click here to download PDF Copy here
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates