Lateral entry admission for Class 11 in JNV during the session 2022-23
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas invited Online applications from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in JNVs during the academic year 2022-23. Admission will be made on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Examinations (CBSE / State Education/ other recognized Board).
The main objectives of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti as set forth in the Memorandum of Association are:
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition
- To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti attain a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education in general, through sharing of experiences and facilities, and
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to non Hindi speaking State and vice-versa
- Date of Birth of the candidate is to be between 1st June 2005 to 31st May 2007 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education / other recognized Board) of the State where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located during the academic session 2021-22.
Criteria for Admission of Students to Class-XI against vacant seats
- Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis of marks secured by students in Class-X Board Exam during academic session 2021-22.
- The vacant seats in SC/ST category are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- Selection of students will be done as per following steps:
a) District wise merit list will be prepared and students will be selected against the vacancies.
b) After selecting students against the vacancies in the JNV of the district, a common merit list will be prepared at State level. After step a) the vacancies exist in any of the JNV of the same State will be filled from the State level merit list by considering the option exercised by the candidate.
c) After selection by step a) & b), if the selected candidate does not join even after making all efforts, vacant seats will be filled only from State level merit list.
d) Wherever grades are allotted to candidates by State Board, NVS will collect marks from State Board concerned for drawing merit list.
- The selected students will be informed by the Principal of the concerned JNV by SMS/Speed post.
- Newly admitted students have to undergo medical check-up by the Vidyalaya Doctor. Students suffering from infectious disease/serious ailments shall not be admitted.
- Ten days orientation programme will be arranged for newly admitted students to bridge the learning gaps and to adapt them for new environment.
How to apply for admission in Class-XI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
The candidate can fill the online application form directly on NVS website www.navodaya.gov.in. While education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected only from the students of Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. However, students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted. In respect of wards of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST & Girl students and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged @Rs.1500/- per month or actual children education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less. However, VVN shall not be less than Rs.600/- per student per month. The last date to apply is 18th August, 2022.
Click here to view the official Notification
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates