HomeDOPT OrdersMACP Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding grant of benefits of MACPS to officers who have later on inducted into Organized Group A Services

MACP Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding grant of benefits of MACPS to officers who have later on inducted into Organized Group A Services

- Advertisement -

No 35034/10/2011-Estt.(D)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (D)

North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 13th June, 2012


Subject: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees — Clarification regarding grant of benefits of MACPS to officers who have later on inducted into Organized Group A Services –


In terms of clarification given on point of doubt no. 2 of Annexure of this Department’s O.M. dated 09.09.2010, no benefits under the MACPS would be applicable to Group A officers of Organised Group A Services, as the officer under organized Group Á Services have already been allowed parity of two years on non-functional basis with the officers of the Indian Administrative Service (lAS). In this regard, this Department is in receipt of a number of references from various Departments in respect of officers who are deprived of the benefits of MACPS due to their induction into the organised Group A Services at a later stage of their service.

- Advertisement -

2. The issue has been considered by this Department in consultation with Department of Expenditure. It has been decided to allow grant of financial up-gradations under MACPS with effect from the due date to those officers who are inducted to the Organized Group A’ Services when they are nearing retirement subject to the condition that only at the time of retirement an evaluation of up-gradations/promotions earned by the officer would be made. In case such officers have already attained three financial upgradations under MACP Scheme, they shall not be entitled for NFU to the same grade from a later date.

3. Hindi version will follow.

(Mukta Goel)
Director (Estt.I)

Original Order


- Advertisement -


  1. I am a postgraduate in science with more than 2 years of experience when I joined the Central Government in the Ministry of Home Affairs and specifically in Office of the Registrar General, India as Cartographer-cum-Geographer during 1995 with the basic pay as 1640/- Upgraded to Rs. 5500/- and later upgraded to the grade pay of 4200 and have been promoted as senior geographer with grade pay 4600. As I am told that there is a Government order stating that a postgraduate with two years experience upon joining the central government should be placed in the basic pay of 6500 [earlier] which is equivalent to 4600 of grade pay. If this is the case, what would be my grade pay now? In addition, I would like to mention that my Sub-ordinates who are just 10th class passed and I personally extracting work from are are also in the same grade pay of 4200 [which is embarrassing and unable to extract the work effectively as a section officer]. Kindly advice me immediately.

  2. I am appointed on 05.04.1982 at GP-4200/ and got promotion at GP-4600/ on March’91 and remain in the same grade pay up to 24.10.2008. The period from March 91 to 24.10.08 (17 years in same GP) Can i entitled for MACP during March 91 to 24.10.08. Kindly advice me.

  3. I am retired on 30th June,2007, I am an employee of MACPS Central Govt. Civilian Employee. please inform me that if am I illegible for as per circular “Personnel and Training O.M.No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19.5.2009”

  4. I joined an organization on deputation as Private Secretary in the pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/-. At the time of joining on deputation I was already in the pay scale of Rs.6500-10500 as I have got ACP in 2002. Later on, I was absorbed as P.S.in the same department in 2007 . However, my seniority in the post has been fixed from the date of absorption i.e. from 2007. As per absorption rules, I am already on an analogous post and should be absorbed from the date on which I was on deputation since was already holding the same scale.
    So I would like to know what is the correct date of my absorption. Is it from the date of deputation or from the date of absorption.

    Saji Joseph

  5. I am working in a central govt. autonomous institute as Jr. Scientific Officer
    I joined in the institute in 1985 as Technical Assistant (scale 4500) and got a promotion in 1988 (after 3.5 years) to Scientific Assistant (scale 5500) which is the feeder category of Technical Assistant. When the VIth pay implemented on 1-1-2006 I had been fixed in the scale 9300-34800 with a grade pay 4800/-. But some employees joined after me in the same Technical Assistant cadre and not acquired any promotion had been fixed in the scale 9300-34800 with a grade pay 5400/- as on 1-1-2006. So I would like to know that whether I am eligible to get an up gradation in the grade pay to 5400/- in par with the employees who had joined after me and they are still in the lower category to scientific assistant. kindly give me your advice and what Govt. order I should produce to the institute to get an upgradation.

  6. Sir,
    I was appointed on deputation as safety officer in the GP 4600/-wef 12 Nov 2007, and I opted parent cadre(Sr.D’man) basic+GP4200+deputation allowance. Now MACP ( Sep 2008)was awarded in parent cadre i.e.GP4600. Should I eligible to draw GP4600+Deputation allowances because I am not exceeding deputation post Grade pay ie. 4600/-. Please Clarify with rules

  7. sir
    i have joined as junior technical officer in 2002 with pay scale of 5000-8000( gp-4200) and as per our PPM we have to be promoted after 8 years -2010 but due to some administartive issues that was not happen.
    2012 our office has constituted DPC & macp to gether
    please advice what will be our scale of pays and benfits

  8. sir
    i was selected by UPSC in Gropup B Gazetted post in pay scale 6500-10500(pre-revised). After implemenation of six CPC, for whic grade pay am i elibile 4600 or 4800? as i have seen in many averstiement for gropu b gazeted post by upsc , Grade pay of 4800 is mentioned. Is there any rule which says that person selecetd through upsc in group b gazetted post in prereivsed scale will get GP of rs 4800 in six cpc in pb 9300-34800? regars, please carify.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here