Financial upgradation under MACPS by ignoring the promotion to ASP cadre
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Date : 22.09.2021
- All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, Parcel /BD / PLI Directorate / CEPT.
- Director, RAKNPA / Directors of All PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram , New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts
Sub :- Instructions on Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme – reg
Sir / Madam,
This refers to various references/representations regarding admissibility of the benefit of financial upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme to Inspector (Posts) / Assistant Superintendent of Posts (ASP) consequent upon upgradation of pay scale of Inspector Posts cadre from Grade Pay Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- w.e.f. 01.01.2006 by ignoring the promotion to ASP cadre / 2nd financial upgradations under ACP Scheme earned / granted prior to 01.01.2006 in terms of para-5 of Annexure-I to MACP Scheme issued vide this Directorate OM No. 4-7/(MACPS)/2009-PCC dated 18.09.2009.
2. In this regard, it is informed that although vide this Directorate OM of even No. dated 10.02.2021, it was clarified that “promotion earned in the post carrying same grade pay in the promotional hierarchy as per Recruitment Rules shall be counted for the purpose of MACPS in terms of para-8 of Annexure -I to DoP&T OM dated 19.05.2009” yet the point of reference has again been referred to Department of Personnel & Training seeking clarification on the issue.
3. Meanwhile, the competent authority has decided that until clarification from DoP&T on the issue is received, no order for grant of MACP to IP/ASP by ignoring the promotion to ASP cadre / 2nd financial upgradations under ACP Scheme earned / granted prior to 01.01.2006 in terms of para-5 of Annexure-I to MACP Scheme shall be issued or implemented, if already issued.
4. It is therefore, requested to bring these directions to the notice of all concerned immediately and ensure strict adherence in true spirit.
Copy to :-
- As per standard list.
- CGM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post web site under Establishment subject.
- Guard File.