Applications are invited upto 5.30 p.m. on 04.04.2012 for Teacher Eligibility
Tests for the year 2012 from the candidates in Tamil Nadu.
The following categories of candidates should write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
- The Secondary Grade and Graduate Teachers (BT Assistants) appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un-aided Schools on or after 23rd August, 2010.
- Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TET.
- All Candidates with necessary qualifications and seeking for appointment as Teachers for Classes I to VIII
Eligibility to Write TET:
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
- Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’sDegree(B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Degree in Teacher Education (B.Ed.) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.T.Ed. / B.Ed. during the current Academic Year are also eligible to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test.
A. Date of Notification – 07.03.2012
B. Commencement of Sale of Application Forms -22.03.2012
C. Last Date for Receipt of Application – 04.04.2012 5.30 p.m.
D. Date of Written Examination-Paper I – 03.06.2012 F.N.
Date of Written Examination-Paper-II 03.06.2012 A.N.