Applications are invited by the respective engaging authorities as shown in the annexure
‘I’ against each post, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the following posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
|Tamil Nadu Circle
|Name of Post
|No. of Vacancy
Pay Scale :
The following Minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS as given below:-
|Minimum TRCA for 4
Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab
|Minimum TRCA for 5
hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2020) :
The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 01.09.2020 the date of notification of the vacancies. Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories is as under:-
|Permissible age relaxation
|Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.List of Official languages of the state are in official notification, check the link below
Application Fee :
Applicant belonging to the category UR/OBC/EWS Male/trans-man have to pay a fee of Rs.100/-(Rupees one hundred only) for each set of five options. Payment of fee is exempted for all female/trans-woman candidates, all SC/ST candidates and all PwD candidates.
How to Apply :
Candidates are required to apply Online by logging on to the website https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. The candidates must go through these instructions carefully and follow them.
Steps to Apply Online for Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment 2020:
- Visit the Official Website of Tamil Nadu Circle.
- Now Click on “Apply Online” Option.
- Now Click on Apply for the Posts, you want to apply for.
- Now Click on Application Form.
- Fill All the Details.
- Click on Final Submission.
- Take a Print out of Application, for future references.
Important Dates for Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment 2020 :
|Last Date of Application Submission
Important Links for Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment 2020 :
|Download Notification Pdf