Gramin Dak Sevaks (Compassionate Engagement) Scheme, 2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
- All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLS Directorate
- Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT/Directors of all PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Gramin Dak Sevaks (Compassionate Engagement) Scheme, 2023.
I am directed to refer to this office letters No. 17-1/2017-GDS dated 30.05.2017 whereas the instructions regarding engagement of dependents of deceased Gramin Dak Sevaks on compassionate grounds (the Scheme) were issued.
2. Based on the references received, a need was felt to further review the scheme to expedite the processing of the compassionate engagement cases. With this view the scheme has been reviewed and it has been decided to introduce revised scheme for compassionate engagement of eligible dependents of deceased Gramin Dak Sevaks to be known as GDS (Compassionate engagement) Scheme, 2023.
3. The scheme will come into effect from the date of issue of this Scheme and will be applicable in all cases yet to be put up before Compassionate Committee on Engagements (CCE). The cases which have already been settled will not be reopened. A copy of the scheme is attached.
4. Circles are requested to circulate the revised Scheme to all concerned and ensure its implementation.
Copy to: All Recognized Service Associations