Regularization of absence during COVID–19 – Dept of Posts Clarification
File No. X-20/42/2020-SPN-II
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated : May 24, 2021
1. All Chief Postmaster General
2. Chief General Manager, Business Development/Parcel/PLI Directorate
3. Director RAKNPA/ CGM CEPT/ Director, All Postal Training Centres
Subject : Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID–19 pandemic period.
This Department is in receipt of various references regarding regularization of absence of officers/officials of Department of Posts during lockdown / quarantine period, etc. The matter has been considered and with the approval of the competent authority, following clarification is issued for regularization of absence:
|(a)||Period of quarantine/isolation as prescribed by authority from time to time on coming into contact with a Covid positive person while in office or while carrying out official duty or while on official tour / transfer / deputation or while in his/her place of residence.||Period mentioned in (a), (b) and (c) shall be treated as duty for all
|(b)||Period of absence due to restrictions on movement and travel imposed by the Central Government, State/UT Govt/District authorities, local authorities, residential society etc. and due to residential area concerned notified as containment zone and due to suspension of public transport due to which the employee is not able to attend office or return to his/her headquarters after availing sanctioned leave/ sanctioned LTC, permitted to leave HQ/official tour/transfer/deputation.|
|(c)||All the period during which the employee worked from home as per the orders of controlling / competent authority|
|(d)||Period of quarantine/isolation as prescribed by authority on return to headquarters from leave, LTC, personal travel.||Period mentioned in (d), (e) and (f) shall be regularised by sanction of leave applied for.|
|(e)||Period of absence due to quarantine / isolation / restrictions on movement/travel etc. while away from HQ unauthorisedly|
|(f)||Period of absence due to the official / officer contracting covid-19.|
2. The leave sanctioning authority accordingly, after satisfying himself/herself, shall issue appropriate orders in respect of the quarantine period/absence of official / officer . In case the official / officer is not satisfied with the decision of the leave sanctioning authority he/she may prefer a representation to next higher authority. The next higher authority will decide the case within 15 days of receipt of representation.
3. These orders shall cover all the period of absence of an official / officer since imposition of first lockdown i.e. 24.03.2020 and shall be in force till further orders.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Also Read : Central Government Employees Latest News