GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.1, DATED 2nd January, 2012
(Margazhi 17, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2042)
BONUS – Adhoc Bonus – Special Adhoc Bonus for the year 2010–2011 – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
Read the following :-
1. G.O.Ms.No.1, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 3.1.2011.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure,
7/24/2007/E-III/(A)/ Branch Office memorandum dated 13.09.2011.
Government has decided to grant Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month to all regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay for the financial year 2010-2011.
2. Employees in Groups ‘C’ and ‘D’ were paid Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- during the year 2009-2010. Accordingly, Government direct that all regular and temporary Government employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay in ‘C’ and ‘D’ group be paid adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month for the financial year 2010-2011. The Adhoc Bonus shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2011. The amount of adhoc bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised / revised scales of pay, the calculation of adhoc bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling of Rs.3,000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) per month. The upper ceiling limit shall be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scales of pay.
3. Employees in Groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those coming under University Grants Commission / All India Council for Technical Education / Indian Council of Agricultural Research scales of pay and All India Service Regulations are not covered by the bonus scheme and are not entitled to get any adhoc bonus amount. Government has decided to grant Special Adhoc Bonus to these employees and direct that employees in groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those on University Grants Commission / All India Council for Technical Education / Indian Council of Agricultural Research scales of pay and All India Service Regulations be paid Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One thousand only).
4. The Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) shall also be admissible to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Nutrition Project (Anganwadi Workers), Mini Anganwadi Workers, Village Assistants on special time scales of pay, Panchayat Assistants / Clerks, Makkal Nala paniyalargal on special time scales of pay in Village Panchayats under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Contract employees, Temporary Assistants on contract basis, the employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the year 2010-2011.
5. Deputationists from the State Government working in Corporations / Boards / Joint Sector companies who are not in receipt of bonus / exgratia payment from the undertakings concerned are eligible for the benefit of Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus.
6. The Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus sanctioned in paras 2 to 5 above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the annexure to this order.
7. The expenditure on Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head “04 Other Allowances” under the detailed head “01. Salaries” or the detailed head “02. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
8. The expenditure on Special Adhoc Bonus in respect of temporary Assistants appointed on contract basis in the year 2003 shall be debited to the Detailed / Sub-Detailed head “33 – Payments for Professional and Special Services” “04 – Contract Payment” under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
9. Necessary provisions have been made under the relevant heads of account in, BE 2011-2012. However, if additional provisions are required, it will be made under the relevant heads of account in RE/FMA 2011-2012 and the required funds may be drawn pending such provision.
10. This order issues with the Additional Sanction Ledger No.1307 (One thousand three hundred and seven).
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT