Government of Tamil Nadu 2020
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.306, Dated 27th July, 2020.
(Saarvari Aadi-12, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2051)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2020-2021– With effect from 01.07.2020 to 30.09.2020 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.231, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 23.04.2020.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi, Resolution F.No.5(2)- B(PD)/2020, dated 13.07.2020.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued fixing the rate of interest on the accumulations at the credit of subscribers of General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 7.1% (Seven point one percent) for the period from 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020.
2. The Government of India, in its resolution second read above, announced that during the year 2020-2021, accumulation at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st July, 2020 to 30th September, 2020.
3. The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st July, 2020 to 30th September, 2020.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.