Tamil Nadu Government Servants Family Security Fund Scheme – Enhancement to Rs. 5 Lakhs
TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT SERVANTS’ FAMILY SECURITY FUND SCHEME – Lumpsum amount payable in case of death of Government employees while in service – Enhancement from Rs.3,00,000/- to Rs.5,00,000/- Orders – Issued.
Finance (Pension) Department
Pilava, Aavani – 16,
Thiruvalluvar Aandu – 2052.
- G.O.Ms.No.1515, Finance Department, dated: 03-12-1973.
- G.O.Ms.No.101, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 03-02-1975.
- G.O.Ms.No.265, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 01-04-1985.
- G.O.Ms.No.704, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 10-07-1989.
- G.O.Ms.No.531, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 19-07-1991.
- G.O.Ms.No.501, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 14-08-1996.
- G.O.Ms.No.483, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 12-09-1997.
- G.O.Ms.No.131, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 21-02-2006.
- G.O.Ms.No.57, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 22-02-2016
The Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Benefit Fund Scheme, subsequently renamed as Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme was launched with effect from 1-1-1974, as a self insurance scheme without involving Life Insurance Corporation of India to support the family of Government employees including those in temporary and non-pensionable service, persons in foreign service and on deputation (menials paid from contingencies) and persons borne on provincialised work-charged establishments and All India Service Officers belonging to Tamil Nadu cadre, who die in harness. The subscriber’s contribution under the scheme was initially fixed at Rs.10/- p.m. deducted from the pay bill. The lumpsum amount payable in the case of death of the subscribers while in service was fixed at Rs.10,000/-
2. The monthly contribution and lumpsum amount payable under this scheme were revised from time to time. In the Government Order ninth read above, it was ordered to deduct a sum of Rs.60/- p.m. as subscribers’ contribution and to pay a sum of Rs.3,00,000/- as lumpsum amount in the event of death of the Government servant under this scheme with effect from 01.02.2016.
3. The Hon’ble Minister for Finance and Human Resources Management of Tamil Nadu in the Budget Speech 2021-2022 on 13-08-2021 has announced that, “the lumpsum grant from the Family Security Fund paid to the family of a Government employee who dies while in service will be enhanced from Rs.3 lakh to Rs.5 lakh. Accordingly, the subscription to the Fund shall be enhanced to Rs.110/- per month. This benefit is also applicable to the employees covered under Group Insurance Scheme”.
4. Accordingly, the Government issues the following orders:-
i. The lumpsum amount payable under Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme shall be enhanced to Rs.5,00,000/-
ii. The employees contribution under this scheme shall be enhanced to Rs.110/- p.m with effect from September 2021 and this contribution will continue till the superannuation of the Government employees.
iii. The existing rules and other instructions governing the Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme shall continue.
5. The above Orders shall take effect from 01-09-2021.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates
This site is very useful to get g.os instantly. Pl. continue your service.
I have a doubt regarding revised option for pay fixation in the 7th pay commission. In our department an employee put option to migrate the revised scale of pay as on 01.01.2016 based on the pay drane.
After 5 years Internal Audit Party of our departmnet held audit for the period from 2003 to 2021 due to his retirement due on 30.06.2022 and pointed out a mistake held on 2003 while pay fixation on promotion.
Due to this pay last drawn decreased one increment as per option. If revised option permitted to fix his pay after increment as on 01.04.2016 would be fixed in the equal slab already fixed and no loss occurred.
Hence I request you to convey any orders permitted revised option when the mistake occurred by the administration side. Please clarify my doubt as early as possible. Thanking you.