Pongal Bonus 2021 Government Order – Ad-Hoc Bonus for TN Employees
Government of Tamil Nadu 2021
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.1, Dated: 4th January 2021.
(Saarvari, Margazhi-20, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2051)
BONUS – Payment of Ad-hoc Bonus and Special Ad-hoc Bonus for the Accouriting Year 2019-2020 – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
G.0.M s.No.2, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated: 06-01-2020.
Government has decided to grant Adhoc Bonus to celebrate harvest festival “Pongal”, equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month to all ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay and Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1000/- to full time and Part time employees paid from contingencies / employees paid from Special time scale of pay for the accounting year 2019-2020.
2. In the Government Order read above, orders were issued to grant Ad-hoc Bonus for the Accounting Year 2018-19 equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3000/- to ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies in Government aided educational institutions.
3. Accordingly, Government direct that all “C and D” Group regular and temporary employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including Teachers on regular time scales of pay in C and D Group be paid adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- for the accounting year 2019-20.
4. Government also direct that, Special Ad hoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- be paid to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/ special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Development Service (ICDS) Scheme (Anganwadi Workers /Mini Anganwadi Workers), Village Assistants, employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the accounting year 2019-2020.
5. The Ad-hoc Bonus shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2020. The amount of ad-hoc bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised / revised scales of pay, the calculation of Ad-hoc bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling limit of Rs.3,000/- per month.
6. The Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the Annexure to this order.
7. The expenditure on Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoe Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head “04. Other Allowances” under the detailed head “01. Salaries” or the detailed head “02. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
Dr. M. SAI KUMAR
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FAC)
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates
Whether the 2021 Order for Pongal Bonus is applicable for those C grade employees who have moved to Selection Grade, Special Grade and Senior Grade? Please clarify.