PCDA Circular 201 : Use of Aadhar in Benefit Schemes of Government – Exception Handling
O/o the principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions)
Draupadighat, Aliahabad – 211014
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut
5. The CDA-Chennai
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICl/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)._
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO
10 The Post Master
Sub: Use of Aadhar in Benefit Schemes of Government-Exception Handling-reg.
Ref: This office circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018.
Consequent upon introduction of Aadhaar Act, 2016, an individual eligible to receive the pension benefits is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication. However, Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Notification No. 14(2)/2014/D (P/P)(Part-I) published in Gazette of India in 03.03.2017 vide No. S.O. 747(E), circulated to all PDA under circular quoted above, provides that, till the Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiary of pension benefits, benefits shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of certain identification documents as indicated in Notification No. S.O. 747(E).
2. Now, considering the incompleteness of Aadhaar enrollment process and difficulties in online authentication due to infrastructure constraints, Cabinet Secretariat( DBT Mission), vide OM No. D-26011/04/2017-DBT dated 19.12.2017(copy enclosed), has suggested/issued guidelines to adopt the mechanism for extending the benefits to beneficiaries who do not possess Aadhaar and in cases where Aadhaar authentication fails.
3. All the Pension Disbursing Authorities are, therefore, requested to follow the above guidelines in process of identification/annual identification of defence pensioriers/family pensioners.
Addl. CDA (P)
Check here for all latest PCDA Circulars 2018