Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Government servant during service – DOPPW
1/11/2021-पी एंड पी डब्लूS (ई)
कार्मिक, लोक शिकायत तथा पेंशन मंत्रालय
पेंशन और पेंशनभाेगी कल्यािण विभाग
तीसरा तल, लोक नायक भवन
खान मार्केट, नई दिल्ली – 110003
दिनांक 3 जून, 2021
विषय :- Payment of family pension, death gratuity and other dues to the family on death of a Government servant during service – Regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Covid-19 pandemic has claimed lives of several Government employees during the recent surge. In many cases, the deceased employees were the sole bread-winners of their family and the casualties have left families devastated and in an urgent need for funds for livelihood. It is, therefore, incumbent on the Government to ensure that the family pension and other entitlements in respect of the deceased employees are released to their families expeditiously.
2. The completion of the process for sanction of family pension and its disbursement through the Bank may take some time, as it involves reference to PAO and CPAO. To deal with such situations, Rule 80-A of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 provides for payment of provisional family pension and also provisional death gratuity, pending issue of the Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare has issued instructions vide OM No. 1/11/2020-P&PW (E) dated 29th July, 2020 for sanction of provisional family pension by the Head of Office immediately on receipt of a claim for family pension and death certificate from the eligible family member, without waiting for forwarding of the family pension case to Pay & Accounts Office (PAO). Rule 80-A provides for payment of provisional death gratuity by the Head of Office once the family pension/death gratuity case has been forwarded to the PAO.
4. In view of the above, all Ministries/Departments and their attached and subordinate offices are requested to strictly comply with the rules/instructions as brought out above and to ensure that payment of provisional family pension is commenced by the Head of Office immediately on receipt of the claim (with death certificate) from the eligible family member and payment of provisional death gratuity is made to the nominees/family members immediately after forwarding the case to the PAO.
5. Simultaneously, the action may be taken on priority basis for disbursement of regular family pension through the Bank and for payment of other entitlements of the family on death of the Government servant. It may be ensured that the PPO for family pension is issued and disbursement of regular family pension is commenced by the Bank not later than one month of the receipt of the claim for family pension.
6. For facilitating expeditious disbursement of all the entitlements of the family on death of a Government servant, two separate notes- one in respect of the employees under Old Pension Scheme and the other in respect of the employees under National Pension System – are also enclosed as Annexure-I and Annexure-II, respectively.
7. All Ministries/Departments and their attached and subordinate offices will submit a monthly statement on 5th of every month to the Secretary of the Administrative Department in the following format:
|Name & Designation of Government servant died since 1.1.2020||Date on which provisional family pension and provisional gratuity were sanctioned||Date on which PPO was issued||Date on which other entitlements were paid||Reasons for the delays, if any, and remedial action taken to avoid delays in future|
8. A consolidated statement in respect of the Ministry/Department and its attached and subordinate offices may be sent by each Ministry/Department to this Department by 10th of each month.
भारत सरकार के उप सचिव
Click here to download PDF Copy here
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates