HomeMHA OrdersIssue of MHA validation card for the year 2021

Issue of MHA validation card for the year 2021

MHA Validation cards 2021 to the Central Government Employees

F. No. 32015/57/2020-SSO (PC)
Govt. of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
(Pass Cell)

North Block, New Delhi
Dated 3rd December, 2020


Subject: Issue of MHA validation card for the year-2021 -reg.

Ministry of Home Affairs is issuing Validation cards to the officers/employees of the Central Government, State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies etc. on yearly basis, who are having their Departmental Identity Cards/Photo Passes and required to visit the Government Buildings for official purpose under the security zone controlled by the Ministry of Home Affairs. Keeping in view of the validity period of validation card-2020, the online module of validation card has been modified in such a way that the online application applied w.e.f. 1st December, 2020 will have a reference no. for validation card-2021. These applications can be submitted in the MHA, Pass Cell through respective sponsoring authorities w.e.f. 16.12.2020. However, validation cards-2021 will be issued w.e.f. 01.01.2021.

Also Read : 

2. All Ministries/Departments/Resident Commissioners of State Governments are requested to:

(a) Circulate this Office Memorandum to their attached/subordinate offices / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies etc. for wide publicity,

(b) Provide the name, designation, official telephone number and specimen signature of the sponsoring authority to MHA, Pass Cell for the purpose of issue of photo passes/validation card. In case of transfer of such authorized signatory, name, designation, official telephone number and specimen signature of new authorized signatory may please be provided to the MHA, Pass Cell,

(c) Submit Form ‘D’ for issuance of validation cards in respect of the Government official having their own Departmental Identity Cards/Photo Passes,

(d) The requisitions for an identity Card/validation card should be forwarded to Ministry of Home Affairs through their sponsoring authority i.e. Administrative Ministry. In the case of State Governments, the requisitions should be signed by the Chief Secretary to the State government/Union Territory Administration or by any other officer specifically authorized in this behalf by the Chief Secretary. In the case of the State Government’s staff posted in Delhi, it may be signed by the Head of the State Government’s Liaison Office in Delhi.

(C.S. Thakur)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India


1. All Ministries/Departments of Govt. of India
2. All States’ Resident Commissioners.

Signed Copy



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Just In