Eligibility of married disabled child for family pension: Railway Board Order
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. D-43/1 0/2022-F(E)III
New Delhi, Dated: 08.07.2022.
The General Managers/Principal Financial Advisers,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units etc.,
(DGs of RDSO and NAIR)
Sub: Eligibility of married disabled child for family pension.
Attention is invited to the instructions issued vide Board’s letter No. F(E)III/2005/PN1/32 dated 11.02.2013 in which it has been clarified that a disabled son or daughter will not become ineligible for family pension from the date he or she gets married or remarried under Rule 75(6) of the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993.
2. In the above context, a clarification has been sought with respect to admissibility of family pension to a physically disabled child, who is married and fulfilling other conditions for family pension or otherwise.
3. In this regard, it is stated that prior to issue of letter No. F(E)II/2005/PN1/32 dated 11.02.2013, disabled children suffering from mental or physical disability were eligible for family pension for life subject to certain conditions and one of the conditions was that no other family member below 25 years of age is available and eligible for family pension. On marriage of disabled children, the family pension used to be stopped as per the then prevailing instructions/rules.
4. However, after the issue of Board’s letter dated 11.02.2013, disabled children, who drew, are drawing or may draw family pension have been allowed family pension even after marriage. The financial benefit in such cases has, however, been allowed w.e.f. 24.09.2012.
5. In view of the above, a disabled son or daughter, who is already married or who gets married, can be sanctioned family pension for life subject to livelihood criteria and that no other family member is having prior claim for family pension, as per the provisions of Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993
6. This disposes of the reference received from RDSO vide letter No. Settlement/FHDS/0106150002(FP) dated 10.02.2022.
(G. Priya Sudarsani)
Director Finance (Estt.),
Fax No.011- 23383407
Click here to download the PDF Copy
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates