Compliance of Covid protocols while obtaining Life Certificates from Pensioners
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, B-Wing,
Janpath Bhawan, Janpath,
Dated: 22nd September, 2021
Subject :– Compliance of Covid protocols while obtaining Life Certificates from Pensioners.
In view of the Covid pandemic, all Pension Disbursing Banks are advised to ensure proper social distancing measures, as well as compliance of Covid appropriate behavior, while obtaining life certificates from pensioners/family pensioners who physically visit the branches. Officials deployed for this task should be fully vaccinated and should take the highest possible care while attending to Pensioners. Banks are also requested to devise their own innovative mechanisms to avoid rush at the branches during submission of life certificates.
2. Doorstep Banking service, which also includes collection of Digital Life Certificate from the home of pensioners, caters to a very vulnerable group w.r.t the pandemic. It may be ensured that all representatives of the Banks who visit the homes of the pensioners to obtain Life Certificates should be fully vaccinated. They should be equipped with a proper mask and sanitizer and should be advised to follow the highest possible care while obtaining the Life Certificate through bio-metric devices. These biometric devices shall be sanitized by the representative before and after each use. These instructions shall also be applicable to Postmen and Gramin Dak sevaks deployed for “Doorstep Service for submission of Life Certificate” by India Post Payments bank (IPPB).
Also Read: Pensioners can submit Annual Life Certificate manually or digitally as per the convenience – DOPPW ORDER
3. As senior pensioners (aged 80 years and above) are scheduled to submit Life Certificate from 1st October 2021 onward, all Pension disbursing banks are also requested to enable Video based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) methodology of Life Certificate, within the permissible RBI guidelines, before October, 2021. In the current pandemic, this option will ensure adequate safety and “Ease of living” for senior pensioners.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel No:- 23310108
1.CMDs of all Pension Disbursing Banks (as per list)
2. Head, BDEG, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)
1. Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, Sansad Marg, New Delhi
2. Secretary, Department of Posts. Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates
What is the actual purpose of Life Certificate but for certifying the the pensioner is living at that particular moment but not for the next one year. Passthe law to deal with any person who impersonize any dead pensioner/ FPner and draw pension what advantage the govt/ individual will have with or without LC .Let the bank staff give a surprise visit to ensure by enquirer with neighbors about the pensioner/ FPnr.
If the LC is to be mandatory let the period b staggered between state and central govt Pnr/FPnrs and also between the central depts like Rlys defense and other depts.
Isincerly feel at least till Covid is wiped off the LC be stayed as the ground realities r different than the guidance from the govt. Do away with British legend of L C . Make it more easy Allow the super Srs pensioners who r almost on self imposed isolation to live peacefully the left over life. Pl do away with this one the waste which do not bring any tangible or intangible benefits either to the govt or to any aged old pensioners/ FPnrs.