As per the 7th Pay Commission recommendation, the rate of annual increment is being retained at 3 percent. The increment is based on the specified in the vertical Cells of the applicable Level in the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table
There shall be two dates for grant of increments,
- 1st January and
- 1st July of every year
During the regime of 6th CPC, when the annual increment was admissible uniformly on 1st July every year, employees completing 6 months and above in the revised pay structure as on 1st July were eligible for grant of increment. In the 7th. CPC regime there are two dates of increments 1st January and 1st July.
Service which counts for increment
As per F.R.26, the following conditions on which the service counts for increments in a time-scale:
- All duty in a post on a time-scale counts for increments in that time-scale
- Service in another post, other than a post carrying less pay, whether in a substantive or officiating capacity, service on deputation out of India, and leave other than extraordinary leave shall count for increments in the time scale applicable to the post on which the Govt. servant holds a lien
- All leave other than EOL and the period of deputation out of India shall count for increment in the time scale applicable to a post in which a Govt. Servant was officiating at the time he proceeded
- The period of EOL taken on account of illness or for any other cause beyond the Govt. servant’s control or for prosecuting higher scientific or technical studies with an undertaking to serve the Govt. on return from leave for a period of atleast 5 years, sanctioned by the Govt
- Service in another post of Govt. of another state in India or the Central Govt. in officiating capacity
- The period of officiating service in the higher post counts for increment in the lower post
- Foreign Service counts for increments in the post he would hold a lien
- Joining time counts for increments in the post he would hold a lien
- The EOL granted on the request of the individual for regularization of the dismissal / deemed suspension / suspension period, after exhausting all the available leave may also be counted for the purpose of notional increments and pension
Service which does not count for increment:
- The period of Willful absence from duty which is treated as Dies-non
- The period of Suspension treated as not duty
- The period of Suspension and period of service preceding the suspension, if the Suspension is made for misconduct
- EOL sanctioned for private affairs (or) for regularizing the period of suspension
- The period of EOL taken on account of illness or for any other cause beyond the Govt. servant’s control or for prosecuting higher scientific or technical studies with an undertaking to serve the Govt. on return from leave for a period of atleast 5 years, not sanctioned by the Govt.
- Over-stayal of leave not regularized
- Officiating service in a lower time scale without specific sanction of Govt. will not count for increments in the substantive post on a higher scale
- The service rendered in temporary capacity without having prescribed minimum qualifications for the post
Withholding Annual Increments of Non-performers after 20 Years
7th Pay Commission recommended that withholding of annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the benchmark either for MACP or a regular promotion within the first 20 years of their service. This will act as a deterrent for complacent and inefficient employees. However, since this is not a penalty, the norms for penal action in disciplinary cases involving withholding increments will not be applicable in such cases. This will be treated as an “efficiency bar”. Additionally, for such employees there could be an option to leave service on similar terms and conditions as prescribed for voluntary retirement.
Annual Increment on July 2020 ?
Trending topic today amongst Government Employees is about Annual Increment on July 2020, whether work from home will impact Annual Increment in July 2020 ?. Due to Covid-19 situation most of the Government Employees doing work from home, but as per the rules there will be no impact on annual increment except mentioned points in service which does not count for increment
Recently one of the media reported that, the central government postponed the wage hike for employees until next year, this report goes viral in the social media as well,
PIB Fact Check verified that report and confirmed that the news is wrong, Fact check stated that the order relates to APAR completion and deadline extension, not increments. Wrong facts have been explained in the report. – Check here for Fack Check details