Allotment of Garages to the allottees of Type VA and Type VB GPRA in Delhi through Automated System of Allotment
Government of India
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Directorate of Estates
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi – 110 108
Dated the 14 May, 2018
Subject: Allotment of Garages to the allottees of Type VA and Type VB General Pool Residential Accommodation ( GPRA) in Delhi through Automated System of Allotment ( ASA)- Regarding.
Reference is invited to Rule 20 of the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017 regarding allotment of garages in Type V (A&B) accommodations in Delhi and O.M. of even number dated 31.7.2017 of Directorate of Estate regarding attachment of garages with nearby/adjacent Govt. quarter in Type VA and Type VB localities. The matter has been reviewed in light of many representations received from various allottees and problems faced by allotment sections in the attachment of garages and it has been decided with the approval of competent authority that the provision of O.M No.12035/3/92-Pol.II(Vol.III) dated 31.7.2017 has been withdrawn with immediate effect.
2. Further, it has been decided to re-introduce the Automated System of Allotment (ASA) for allotment of garages for the allottees of Type VA and Type VB General Pool Residential Accommodation in Delhi through ASA as per the following norms: –
1) An officer who has been allotted a Type-V(A) or Type-V(B) residence to which a garage is not attached and owning a motor car in his/her name or in the name of any of the family member (as defined in the case of allotment of GPRA) shall be eligible for allotment of a garage in the locality in which his/ her residence is situated.
2) An officer, who is eligible and desires to be allotted a garage, shall apply online for allotment provided that he/she has technical occupation of allotted accommodation and registration certificate of the motor car.
3) Online applications will be accepted through ASA in respect of garages from the allottees of Type V-A and V-B accommodation in Delhi on the website www.gpra.nic,in.
4) Every applicant will have to apply online through their account in GPRA and fill up the required application form by following the instructions on the screen. After completing the process online, the officers shall take out a print-out of the application and submit the same to their administrative office for acknowledgement so that their name may be included in the unified waiting Iist, as the case may be.
5) The Officers in the waiting list will have to indicate their option against specific garages online between 1st to 9th of every month and who do not exercise any option till 5.00 P.M. of the 9th day will not be allotted any garage.
6) Applicants may be able to revise/modify their choices/preferences for the garages any time between 1st day of a month to 9th day of a month up to 5:00 p.m.
7) Automated allotments of garages through ASA will be made on 10th day of every month.
8) If any officer refuses to accept a garage allotted to him/her in accordance with his/her choice, then he/she will be debarred for another allotment for three months.
9) The following terms and conditions shall apply for for waiting lists for allotment of garage : –
(i) Waiting lists shall be maintained in the Directorate for allotment of garages in the localities in order of their priority counted from the date of receipt of each application online:
Provided that allotment of garages to the allottees of upper floor accommodation and above and the allottees of ground floor accommodation shall be in the ratio of 3:1 in the unified waiting list.
(ii) Where applications from two or more officers are received on the same date in the Directorate of Estates priority shall be determined on the basis of the length of stay of the applicants in the locality in which allotment of garage is sought.
(iii) Where an officer, who has applied for allotment of a garage in proximity to his/her flat and has been allotted a garage at longer distance, intimates within eight days of the receipt of the allotment letter that he/she desires to be allotted another garage in exchange in proximity to his/her flat, his/her name shall be retained on the waiting list and he/she shall count priority from the date of receipt of his/her application in the Directorate of Estates through online.
Provided that a change of garage shall be allowed only once;
Provided further that if an officer does not accept allotment of a garage at a distance of more than half a kilometer from his/her flat, his/her refusal shall not affect his/her position on the waiting list.
(iv) Unified waiting list shall be maintained for initial as well as change of garage
(10) Government may allot garages on out-of-turn basis on grounds of security, compassion and in public interest.
(11) The vacant garages available for allotment as on the last date of the month will be frozen and used for allotment through ASA.
(12) If an officer fails to accept the allotment of a garage within eight days from the date of receipt of the allotment letter, the allotment shall stand cancelled and the officer shall not be considered for another allotment for a period of three months from that date.
(13) The officer to whom a garage is allotted shall be liable to pay rent thereof from the date of physical occupation of the garage or the 8th day after the date of receipt of allotment, whichever is earlier.
(14) (a) If the officer proposes to dispose of his/her motor car, he/she shall give ten days prior notice to the Director of Estates of that proposal. The allotment of the garage shall stand cancelled with effect from the eleventh day after the notice is received by the Director of Estates or the date on which the officer or his/her family member ceases to own the motor car, whichever is later. If the officer fails to give due notice he/she shall be responsible for payment of rent for ten days or the number of days by which the notice given by him falls short of ten days, provided that the Director of Estates may accept a notice for a short period.
(b) If the officer informs the Director of Estates at the time of disposing the car, of his/ her intention to purchase another car, he/she may retain, the garage or a period of three months from the date on which he/she ceased to own the motor car on payment of normal license fee. The allotment of the garage shall stand cancelled on the date of expiry of the said period, if he/she fails to acquire a car within that period.
(c) An officer who has surrendered a garage on acquiring another motor car within one year from the date of disposal of the previous car and on making an application to the Directorate of Estates, be given priority on the basis of the date of receipt of his/ her application for allotment of garage on the previous occasion.
(15) An allotment of a garage shall be deemed to be cancelled with effect from the date on which the allotment of the residence in the locality is cancelled or is deemed to be cancelled under the rules applicable thereto or the officer is allotted another residence in a different locality in lieu of such residence, and the garage shall thereupon be vacated forthwith.
(16) (i) The allottee shall use the garage for parking his/her own motor car and for purpose ancillary thereto and for no other purpose and shall not sublet it. If an officer to whom a garage has been allotted commits any breach of these guidelines or uses the garage or permits or suffers the garage to be used for any purpose which is not permitted or has knowingly furnished incorrect information in his application to the Director of Estates, the Director of Estates, may without prejudice to any other disciplinary action that may be taken against him/her, cancel the allotment of the garage and require the officer to vacate the garage forthwith.
(ii) Where after an allotment of a garage has been cancelled or is deemed to be cancelled under any provision mentioned above, vacant possession of the garage is not handed over to the Central Public Works Department, such officer shall be liable to pay by way of damages a rent of equal to the amount which would have been realized if the garage had been let out for the period of unauthorized occupation to a private person.
3. These guidelines shall be read together with Rule 20 of Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017.
4. These guidelines will be effective from 14.05.2018.
Deputy Director of Estates (Policy)