AIRF Meeting Minutes with the Railway Board on 4th Dec 2018
Dated: December 4, 2018
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Brief of the meeting held today with the Member Staff, Railway Board, to discuss the important issues raised by AIRF with the Railway Board
A meeting was held today with the Member Staff, Railway Board, to discuss the vital issues raised by AIRF with the Railway Board, wherein the following deliberations took place:-
- Implementation of four grade structure, in the ratio of 10:20:20:50, in the case of Trackmen/ Track Maintainers – Member Staff informed that, four grade structure, in the ratio of 10:20:20:50, is approved by the Full Board, and the file was put-up to Hon’ble MR for his approval. Hon’ble MR wanted certain clarifications from the Engineering Directorate, and the same was submitted by the said Directorate. This will be finalized after arrival of Hon’ble MR who is busy in the state elections.
- Revision of the rates of Running Allowance and other Allowances related to Running Staff – After lengthy discussions; the Member Staff informed that, the file is put-up to Hon’ble MR for his approval, and after his approval, the file would be sent to the MoF. The Member Staff further informed that, the matter is vigorously pursued by him with the MoF.
- Continuance of the LARSGESS – The Official Side informed that, after consultation with the Solicitor General, original scheme would be implemented after submitting it to the court. The court has given time for submitting the final result.
- Advancement of prospects of the staff working in erstwhile GP Rs.1800 and GP Rs.4600 – After prolonged discussion, the Member Staff agreed that, there is stagnation of the staff working in erstwhile GP Rs.1800. Federation(AIRF) pointed out that, due to various surrenders in Grade III Technicians as well as other cadres, the present incumbents working in erstwhile GP Rs.1800 are not getting promotions. Due to direct recruitment in GP Rs.4600, people are not having any promotional prospects as there are no grades in GP Rs.4800 and GP Rs.5400. Federation(AIRF) wanted that, as was done on previous occasion, 50% of Direct Recruitment vacancies should be thrown open for promotion for the staff working in erstwhile GP Rs.1800, and also GP Rs.4800 and GP Rs.5400 SSEs and Sr. Supervisors should be made Gazetted.
- Non-revision of rates of Incentive Bonus/Bonus Factor and PCO Allowance paid to Technical Staff and Supervisors of the PUs and Maintenance Workshops – The Committee appointed by the Railway Board is expected to submit its report within a month’s time, and then only; the item will be finalized.
- Upgradation of the Apex level of Group `C’ to Group `B’ – AIRF insisted that, powers are vested with the Railway Board to grant upgradation for the apex grade Supervisors to Group `B’. This was also confirmed by the Finance Secretary(Exp.) on the previous occasion, and the minutes of the said meeting given to the Railway Board. In spite of that, the matter is dragged by the Railway Board by sending proposal to the MoF. The Federation(AIRF) insisted that, decision should be taken at the Railway Board level itself. Member Staff directed the AM(S) to put-up all the particulars, including minutes of the Cabinet Secretary, for taking a decision. The Federation(AIRF) insisted that, as per the Act and Codal Provisions as well as Business Rules, the powers are vested in the Railway Ministry and they should not run to the DoP&T and MoF.
- Regularization of the Act Apprentices in Railways – AIRF demanded that, all the Act Apprentices imparted training in the Railways should be absorbed in the Railways. It was explained to the Member Staff that the orders were available previously, but unfortunately, Board have issued orders and implemented the orders with back date, depriving the Act Apprentices from the absorption in the Railways. The Federation demanded that, new Apprentices Act, passed by the Parliament, has given full powers to decide procedure for absorption of these Act Apprentices. Federation demanded that, Screening Type system should be adopted for absorption of the Act Apprentices. Member Staff agreed to study the problem after finalization of the present RRC examination.
It is worth-mentioning here that, there will also be another round of discussions with the Member Staff, Railway Board, tomorrow, i.e. on 5th December, 2018, and the outcome of the said meeting shall also be communicated to all of you.
With Fraternal Greetings,
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Source : AIRF