Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Salaries] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.118, Dated 09th May 2014.
(Chithirai -26, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2045)
LOANS AND ADVANCES by the State Government – Advances to Government Employees for the Celebration of Marriages – Allotment of Funds for the year 2014-2015 – Order–Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated 30-03-1995
2. G.O.Ms.No.57, Finance (B.Coord.) Department, dated: 26.02.2014
3. G.O.Ms.No.90, Finance (BG-I) Department, dated 31-03-2014
In the Government Order first read above, Government have enhanced the marriage advance to Rs.6,000/- in the case of male Government employees and sons of Government employees and Rs.10,000/- in the case of female Government employees and daughters of Government employees for the marriages held on or after 1st April, 1995.
2. A sum of Rs.50.00 lakhs has been provided in the Budget Estimates for the year 2014-2015 under Demand No.16. Finance Department towards sanction of advances to Government employees for celebration of marriages. In the Government Order third read above, Government have exempted the Marriage Advance from the operation of the Quarterly Control of Appropriation System during 2014-2015. In the Government Order second read above, it has been ordered that the Demands for Grants, as voted by the Legislative Assembly, for six months are intended to cover the expenditure of the State on existing services and purposes for the entire financial year, commencing from 1st April, 2014.
3. The Government accordingly direct that out of a sum of Rs.50.00 lakh (Rupees Fifty lakh only) provided in BE 2014-15 a sum of Rs. 40.00 lakh be (Rupees Forty lakh only) distributed among the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors as shown in Annexure-I, Annexure-II and Annexure-III to this order for the entire financial year commencing from 1st April, 2014. The balance amount of Rs.10.00 lakh, is kept in reserve for distribution among the departments as and when required based on the applications received.
4. The Secretaries to Government, Heads of Departments and the District Collectors are requested to ensure that the sanctions are restricted to the allotment as indicated in the Annexures. They are also requested to send the quarterly reports to the Government in Finance (Salaries) Department, Secretariat, Chennai-9 on the utilisation of funds allotted to the departments.
5. The above expenditure shall be debited to the following Heads of Account:
7610.00. LOANS TO GOVERNMENT SERVANTS, ETC.
800. Other Loans
AC. Marriage Advance – Controlled by the Secretary to Government, Finance Department.
01. Marriage Advance
(D.P.C. 7610 00 800 AC 0106)
(By Order of the Governor)
Secretary to Government (Expenditure)
Original Order :