Admissibility of Dearness Relief on additional pension/additional compassionate allowance and additional family pension
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Date:- 31st Oct, 2022
Sub:- Admissibility of Dearness Relief on additional pension/additional compassionate allowance and additional family pension – Clarification regarding
In accordance with Rule 52 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021, Dearness Relief on Pension and Family Pension against price rise is granted to Pensioners including the persons drawing compassionate allowance under Rule 41 and Family Pensioners at such rates and subject to such conditions as the Central Government may specify from time to time.
2. References/Representations have been received in this Department seeking clarification whether the Dearness Relief is also payable on additional pension/additional compassionate allowance and additional family pension.
3. It is clarified that the terms pension/compassionate allowance and family pension refer to in Rule 52 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 also include additional pension/additional compassionate allowance and additional family pension.
4. Reference is also invited to this Department’s OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A).pt.I dated 03.10.2008 wherein it was clarified that Dearness Relief will also be admissible to additional quantum of pension available to the old pensioners in accordance with the orders issued from time to time.
5. The above clarification may be brought to the notice of the personnel dealing with the pensionary benefits for strict implementation.
- All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
- C&AG of India, UPSC, etc.
- CPPCs of all authorized Pension Disbursing Banks