Government of West Bengal
No. 5562–F the 25th September, 2019–In exercise of the power conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor is pleased hereby to make the following rules, namely :‐
1. Short title and commencement ‐ (1) These rules may be called the West Bengal Services (Revision of Pay and Allowance) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the first day of January, 2016.
2. Application ‐ (1) Save as otherwise provided by or under these rules, these rules shall apply to persons appointed to civil services and posts under the rule making control of the Government of West Bengal except members of All India Services, the West Bengal Judicial Service and members of the services to whom the University Grants Commission, the All India Council of Technical Education and Indian Council of Agricultural Research scales of pay apply.
(2) Unless specifically extended under express order of the State Government, these rules shall not apply to ‐
(a) Subordinate executive staff of the Police Forces in West Bengal,
(b) Officers and staff of the West Bengal National Volunteer Force,
(c) Officers and staff of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly Secretariat,
(d) Officers and staff of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal,
(e) Officers and staff of the High Court at Kolkata
(3) These rules shall not also apply to :
(a) Government employees appointed on contract,
(b) Government employees not in whole time employment,
(c) Government employees paid otherwise than on a monthly basis, Including those paid at piece‐rates,
(d) Government employees who have retired in the afternoon of the 31st December, 2015, and
(e) Government employees re‐employed after retirement.
3. Definitions ‐ (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,‐
(a) “existing basic pay” means the pay drawn in the prescribed existing Pay Band and Grade Pay but does not include any other type of pay;
(b) “existing Pay Band and Grade Pay” means the running Pay Band and the Grade Pay applicable to the post held by the Government employee or, as the case may be, the personal scale applicable to such Government employee on account of his advancement to a higher Pay Band/Grade Pay under specific or general orders of the Government as on 1stday of January, 2016, whether in a substantive or officiating or temporary capacity, and
(c) “existing pay structure” means the present system of Pay Band and Grade Pay applicable to the post held by the Government employee as on the 1st day of January, 2016 whether in a substantive or officiating capacity or the Pay Band and Grade Pay as personal scale applicable to him on account of advancement to higher Pay Band /Grade Pay.;
Explanation ‐ the expressions “existing basic pay” and “existing Pay Band and Grade Pay” in respect of a Government employee, who was on the 1st day of January, 2016, on deputation or on foreign service or on leave or who would have on that date officiated in one or more lower posts but for his officiating
in a higher post, shall mean such basic pay ,Pay band and Grade pay applicable to the post which he would have held but for his being on deputation or on foreign service or on leave or officiating in a higher post;
(d) “existing emoluments” means the sum of existing basic pay and existing dearness allowance allowed to the basic pay as on 1st day of January ,2016.
(e) “Pay Matrix” means Matrix specified in Schedule‐I and Schedule‐II, with levels of pay arranged in vertical cells as assigned to corresponding existing Pay Band and Grade Pay ;
(f) “Level” in the Pay Matrix shall mean the Level corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay as specified in Schedule‐III;
(g) “pay in the Level” means pay drawn in the appropriate Cell of the Level as specified in Schedule‐I and Schedule‐II;
(h) “revised pay structure” means the Pay Matrix and the Level specified therein corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay of the post unless a different revised level is notified separately for the post ;
(i) “basic pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix ;
|West Bengal ROPA 2019 Pay Matrix
|Pay Band I – 4900‐16200
|Pay Band 2 – 5400 – 25200
|Pay Band 3 – 7100‐37600
|Pay Band 4 – 9000‐40500
|Pay Band 4A – 15600‐42000
|Pay Band 5 – 37400‐60000