TN Govt GPF interest rate from 01.07.2021 to 30.09.2021
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.173, Dated 19th July, 2021.
(Pilava, Aadi – 03, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2052)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2021 – With effect from 01.07.2021 to 30.09.2021 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.30, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 22.01.2021.
2. G.O.Ms.No.125, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 28.04.2021.
3. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi, Resolution F.No.5(4)-B(PD)/2021, dated 05.07.2021.
In the Government Order first and second read above, orders were issued fixing the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers of General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) during the financial year 2021 as detailed below:
|Sl.No||Quarter||Period||Rate of Interest|
|1||I||01-01-2021 to 31-03-2021||7.10%|
|2||II||01-04-2021 to 30-06-2021||7.10%|
2. The Government of India, in its resolution third read above, announced that during the year 2021-2022, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st July, 2021 to 30th September, 2021.
3. The Government now directs that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st July, 2021 to 30th September, 2021.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT