Tamil Nadu GPF Interest Rate from Jan to March 2021
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.30 G.O.Ms.No.30, Dated , Dated , Dated 22nd Jan 2021.
(sarvari, Thai-09 , Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2052)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2020-2021 – With effect from 01.01.2021 to 31.03.2021 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.231, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 23.04.2020.
2. G.O.Ms.No.306, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 27.07.2020.
In the Government Order first to third read above, orders were issued regarding fixation of the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers of G.P.F.(TN) during the financial year 2020-2021 as detailed below:
|Sl.No||Quarter||Period||Rate of Interest|
|1||I||01-04-2020 to 30-06-2020||7.1%|
|2||II||01-07-2020 to 30-09-2020||7.1%|
|3||III||01-10-2020 to 31-12-2020||7.1%|
2. The Government of India, in its resolution fourth read above, announced that during the year 2020-2021, accumulation at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st January, 2021 to 31st March, 2021.
Also Read : GPF Interest Calculator 2020-21
3. The Government now directs that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st January, 2021 to 31st March, 2021.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONALCHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT