Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.386, Dated 02nd November, 2020.
(Saarvari, Aippasi-17, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2051)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2020-2021 – With effect from 1.10.2020 to 31.12.2020 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.231, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 23.04.2020.
2. G.O.Ms.No.306, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 27.07.2020.
3. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi Resolution F.No.5(2)-B(PD)/2020, dated 27.10.2020.
In the Government Orders first and second read above, orders were issued fixing the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers of General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) during the financial year 2020-2021 as detailed below:
|1||I||1-04-2020 to 30-06-2020||7.1%|
|2||II||1-07-2020 to 30-09-2020||7.1%|
2. The Government of India, in its resolution third read above, announced that during the year 2020-2021, accumulation at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st October, 2020 to 31st December, 2020.
3. The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st October, 2020 to 31st December, 2020.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT