7th CPC Transport Allowance from July 2021
Union Cabinet has approved a 3 percent increase in the Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees and pensioners. This will come into effect from 1st July 2021. This will be an additional 3% payable on the existing 28% of basic pay and pension. The decision will benefit 47.14 lakh central government employees and 68.62 lakh pensioners. Once implemented, DA for government employees will be increased to 31 percent.
As per the 7th CPC recommendation, Transport Allowance will also change based on the latest Dearness Allowance percentage.
7th Pay Commission Recommendation for Transport Allowance
The central government implemented the 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance and released the Office Memorandum No.21/5/2017-E.II (B) dated 7th July 2017, in addition to this OM, FinMin also released another Office Memorandum on 2nd August 2017 O.M No.21/5/2017-E.II(B) with partial modification on Transport Allowance to CG Employees for the pay of Rs.24200/- & above in Pay Level 1 & 2
Transport Allowance Ready Reckoner from July 2021
- One time relaxation of the condition regarding exercising of option for admissibility of official car or in lieu of that Transport Allowance at higher rates during COVID-19
- Admissibility of Transport Allowance during Lockdown – Finmin Important Clarification
- Non grant of Transport Allowance to Central Govt Employees – Confederation writes to DoPT & FINMIN
- Payment of Transport Allowance during the lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Payment of Transport Allowance for the month of April 2020