Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.281, Dated 24th June 2020.
(Saarvari, Aani-10, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2051)
NHIS – COVID-19 – Inclusion of New Packages for treatment of Critical and Non-Critical care for COVID-19 positive cases covered under New Health Insurance Scheme for Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Payment to the private hospitals – Fixation of ceiling rates – Sanction of fund – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.240, Health and Family Welfare (EAPI-1) Department, dated 5-6-2020.
2. G.O.(D) No.247, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated 15-6-2020.
3. From the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts letter RC.No.15357/NHIS 2/2020, dated18.06.2020 and 22.06.2020.
4. G.O.(Ms).No.280, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated.24.06.2020.
In the Government Order first read above, due to the present pandemic caused by COVID-19, the Health and Family Welfare Department has issued an order for covering treatment of COVID-19 under Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS).The above Government Order also states that Finance Department is to fix the ceiling for treatment charges for COVID-19 positive cases, for New Health Insurance Scheme for Employees and Pensioners.
2. In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued to form a committee to determine the ceiling rates for treatment of COVID-19 under the New Health Insurance Scheme for Employees and Pensioners with the following members:-
Dr. P.Umanath, IAS.,
Tamil Nadu Medical Services Corporation.
1. Thiru.C.Samayamoorthy, IAS.,
Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts.
2. Thiru.M.Arvind, IAS.,
Joint Secretary to Government,
3. Dr. T.S.Selvavinayagam,
Director of Public Health
3. Accordingly, a meeting was convened on 16-6-2020 under the Chairmanship of Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Medical Services Corporation and vide reference third cited, Committee recommended the ceiling rates for inclusion of new packages for treatment of COVID-19 under New Health Insurance Scheme for Employees and New Health Insurance Scheme for Pensioners.
4. In the Government Order fourth read above, the Government have issued directions for the treatment of critical and non-critical COVID-19 cases for employees and pensioners under New Health Insurance Scheme. In this Government Order, a sum of Rs.2.5 crore towards contribution to the Corpus Fund for COVID-19 treatment in empanelled hospitals in New Health Insurance Schemes for Pensioners / Family Pensioners has been sanctioned, which will be recouped from the Government as and when required.
5. The contribution of Rs.2.5 crore to Corpus Fund for New Health Insurance Scheme for Pensioners / Family Pensioners sanctioned in para 4 above, shall be debited to the following head of account:-
“2071: PENSION AND OTHER RETIREMENT BENEFITS
800: Other Expenditure
AO: Corpus Fund for COVID-19 treatment in empanelled hospitals under New Health Insurance Scheme for
01: Contribution to Specific Fund
IFHRMS: (D.P.C. 2071 01 800 AO 31001)
Old: (D.P.C. 2071 01 800 AO 1014)”
6. Necessary funds will be provided in Revised Estimates/Final Modified Appropriation, 2020-21 to meet the expenditure sanctioned in para 4 above. Pending provision of such funds, the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai is authorized to incur the expenditure. However, the above expenditure shall be brought to the notice of the Legislative Assembly by a specific inclusion in the Supplementary Estimates for the year 2020-21. The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts is directed to include the above expenditure while sending the budget proposals for Revised Estimates/Final Modified Appropriation 2020-21 and also send draft explanatory notes for inclusion of this expenditure in the Supplementary Estimates 2020-21 to Finance (GBC/BGM) Department at an appropriate time without fail.
7. The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts is the Estimating Reconciling and controlling authority for the above new sub head of account. The Pay and Account Officer/Treasury Officer concerned are directed to open the above new head of account in their books.
8. This order issues with the ASL No.161 (One Hundred and Sixty One).
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT