Provisional engagement of BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents/caste certificate/educational qualification
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
All Chief Post Masters General / Post Masters General
Sub :- Provisional engagement of BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents/caste certificate/educational qualification etc.
I am directed to refer to Directorate instructions issued vide No. 17-23/2016-GDS/Vil.III dated 17.12.2018 regarding Provisional engagement of BPM /ABPM/Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents/caste certificate/educational qualification etc. as a special case for the 2nd Cycle.
2. While monitoring the joining status of Circles during the 1st Cycle, it has been observed that very less number of candidates have joined the GDS posts despite issue of these instructions.
3. As you may be aware the Government intends to fill up all the vacant GDS posts by December 2019. Hence, the Competent Authority has decided that provisional engagement orders of BPMs/ABPMs/Dak Sevaks may also be issued during the current 2nd Cycle subject to pending Verification of character and antecedents/caste certificate/educational qualification certificates etc.
4. Further, it is clarified that, while intimating the candidates about his provisional engagement to the post of GDS, the candidate may be asked to produce the original educational certificates and other documents such as caste certificate, Disability certificate, certificate of date of birth, EWS certificate etc. on the day of GDS candidate attending division office/joining. The originals may be verified on the day of attending divisional office by the engaging authority.
5. A self-declaration, as per format given in Annexure must be obtained from the candidate before offering provisional engagement order. The candidate should declare that the documents, which has been submitted by him/her are genuine and in case such documents are found fake, the matter will be reported to police and he/she will be terminated from the engagement. All the required certificates will, however be verified from the issuing authority within 180 days. If any of the documents are found fake, FIR should be lodged against the candidate and copy of the same should be kept in office record/personal file of the candidate concerned and action taken as per Rule -8 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rule, 2011.
6. The provisional offer of engagement shall clearly specify that if any information or documents submitted by the candidates are found fake at a later stage, he/she shall be terminated from the engagement in accordance with Rule 8 of GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011.
7. All the Circles are requested to submit the information by 5th of every month about numbers of GDS joined the post in the following format:
Name of Circle _________________
|Number of vacancies notified in Cycle 1st/2nd for GDS||Number of candidates joined during the last month in GDS cadre||Total number of candidates joined upto Iast month in GDS cadre since result declared||Number of cases in which documents found fake||Number of cases in which FIR lodged due to fake documents||Number of cases in which action taken under Rule-8|
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
I _____________ son/daughter/ wife of __________________ Resident of Vill_______________ PO __________________ Tehsil _________________ District ______________ State___________________, hereby declare that, the documents submitted by me (i.e. Educational Certificate/Computer Certificate, EWS, PwD and Caste Certificates etc.) on the basis of which I have applied for the posts of BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak are genuine. I also undertake that, in case, any document submitted by me is found fake/false during my entire engagement period, the matter may be reported to police and I will be liable for termination forthwith from engagement under Rule -8 of Gramin Dak Sevak (Engagement and Conduct) Rules, 2011 amended from time to time and without prejudice to such further action under the provisions of Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate.
Name of applicant/candidate: _________________