PCDA Circular 641 : Grant of share of family pension to eligible children from widow who is not alive on death of ESM Pensioner
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 641
Sub: Grant of share of family pension to eligible child/children from widow who is not alive on death of ESM Pensioner under regulation 71(b) of the pension regulation 2008-reg.
A copy of GOI, MOD Ex-Servicemen welfare D(Pension Grievances) letter no. CD-5/DS/PS/SM/2020 dated 18.08.2020 on the above subject which is self explanatory is forwarded herewith for your information and necessary action.
2. Regulation 71(b) of Pension Regulations 2008(Part-I) states that “where a deceased is survived by a widow and has also left behind eligible child/children from another wife who is not alive, the eligible child of the deceased wife shall be entitled to the share of ordinary family pension which the mother would have received if she had been alive at the time of death of the service personnel/pensioner”.
3. It is, therefore advised that a review may be carried out at your end to identify the cases where 50% share of Family Pension cases have been notified to surviving widow, but claim for the other 50% share to eligible child/children from widow who is not alive, has not yet been submitted to O/o the PCDA (P). All such cases may be forwarded to this office at the earliest.
4. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination across the all concerned.
5. All other instruction will remain unchanged.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Sushil Kumar Singh
Addl. CDA (P)