PCDA Circular 620 : Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 620
ROs/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject : Grant of Liberalised family pension to widows who re-married before 01.01.1996 – Instructions regarding.
Reference : GoI, MoD letter No. 1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005
Of late it has been observed that the complaints are being received from widow of Armed force personnel died prior to 01.01.1996 regarding non-payment of Liberalised family pension to the widows who were in receipt of LFP and subsequently LFP was stopped / converted into OFP due to her remarriage before 01.01.1996 with a person other than the real brother of her deceased husband. In terms of GoI, MoD letter no. 200847/Pen-C/71 dated 24.02.1972, the LFP sanctioned to widow was stapped and further converted into OFP after her remarriage with a person other than real brother of the deceased soldier.
In accordance to GoI, MoD letter No. 1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005, Liberalised family pension of such widows who remarried before 01.01.1996 and whose LFP were stopped and concerted into OFP due to their remarriage are now regulated in terms of para 6.6 of GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/97/D(Pen-C) Dated 31.01.2001. The actual benefit arising out of this order will be payable w.e.f 24.06.2005.
In view of the above you are requested to review all the affected cases where LFP was not yet restored to widaw as per Gol, MoD letter No.-1(1)/2001/D(Pen-C) dated 24 June 2005 by issuing afresh PPO. Such cases after review may please be sent to OI/C, G-4 section of this Office enclosing following documents-
i) Corr. LPC-cum datasheet along with the proforma (attached as annexure ‘A’ duly supported with sheet roll.
ii) Family pension claims for restoration of LFP.
iii) A certificate regarding supporting/non-supporting of child (ren) countersigned by the zila sainik along with family details as per annexure B.
iv) An application from widow for restoration of Liberalised family pension
v) Last payment certificate by PRA, where date upto which Liberalized Family Pension was paid to widow and date of stoppage of Liberalized family pension is clearly mentioned.
vi) Descriptive roll of widow duly affixed recent photographs.
Sushil Kumar Singh
PROFORMA FOR RESTORATION OF LIBERALISED FAMILY PENSION ON REMARRIAGE OF WIDOW AND REVISION OF SECOND LIFE AWARD IN REPSECT OF PRE-98 PBOR
1. Army No.:
2. Rank and Group last held:
3. Name of Deceased PBOR:
4. Name of RO:
5. Name of widow/next of kin to whom LFP was initially sanctioned: :
6. PPO NO. and year of issue under which LEP was initially sanctioned: –
7. Date of Remarriage of widow:
8. Date from which pension was slopped With PPO No. and year, if any:
9. Details of children from pravious mariage:
10. Whether the widow continues to support the children
11. Name of 2nd life awardees/continuance awardee
12. Relationship of the Second Life awardee with the daceased PBOR:
13. Date from which 2nd life award Notified with PPO No. and year
14. PDA from where the LFP was last drawn:
15. Name and address of pension disbursing Authority (paying bank branch with SB A/C No. Treasury/DPDO/PAO & Link Branch
16. Address of the family pensioner: