PCDA Circular 603 – Ex Gratia ad-hoc allowance to Burma Army pensioners
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 603
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICl/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasury, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K), Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject :- Enhancement of Ex. Gratia ad-hoc allowance to Burma Army pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Army pensioners from Pakistan who are Indian National but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan.
Reference:- This office Circular No.419 dated 06.10.2009.
A Copy of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, Deptt of ESW letter No. 1(5)/2017/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.04.2018 on the above subject, which is self explanatory, is forwarded herewith for your information, guidance and necessary action.
2. Consequent upon receipt of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi letter No. 1(5)/2017/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.04.2018 ex-gratia adhoc allowance has been sanctioned on compassionate ground @ Rs. 9000/- p.m. w.e.f. 01.01.2016 to the following categories of pensioners/family pensioners:-
(a) Armed forces pensioners/family pensioners migrated from Pakistan.
(b) Burma Army pensioners/ family pensioners who are Indian national and drawing their pension in India.
(c) Burma army pensioners of Nepalese origin who are drawing pension in India and Indian Embassy, Pension Paying Offices in Nepal.
3. The categories of pensioners/family pensioners mentioned in para 2 above will also be eligible to dearness relief on the ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance at the enhanced rate under the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, Deptt. of ESW letter No.1(5)/2017/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.04.2018 at the retes admissible to Central Govt. pensioners from time to time.
4. The ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance on the authority of the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, Deptt. of ESW letter No.1(5)/2017/D(Pen/Policy) dated 11.04.2018 will be paid by you to the categories of pensioners mentioned at para 2 above carefylly. No further authorization on this account should be awaited from this office. Further, it is stated that the para 4 of this office Circular No.419 dated 06.10.2009 will be operative. The extra liability on account to Ex-gratia adhoc allowance to Burma defence family pensioners will be borne by the Government of India.
5. The pre-revised Ex-gratia ad-hoc Allowance (including DR etc) already drawn by the above pensioners from 1.1.2016 onward shall be adjusted from the enhanced Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance which shall become payable w.e.f. 1.1.2016 under these orders. Policy and procedure regarding payment of Ex-gratia Ad-hoc Allowance shall continue to be governed by the existing instructions issued in the matter so far. It may be ensured that the payment to pensioners/family pensioners indicated in para 2 above, is made into the Aadhaar linked Bank Accounts.
6. Any overpayment due for recovery may please be adjusted against the arrears now payable.
7. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
8. All PDAs are requested to identify the effective cases and revise the rate of Ex-gratia Ad-hoc allowance and render report of revision to Shri K.K.Pant, Sr.AO(P), the OI/C, Audit (Tech) Section of this office for onward submission to higher authorities.
9. This circular has been uploaded on PCDA(P) website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)