PCDA Circular 582 – Rationalization of Casualty Pensionary Awards in respect of Armed Forces Officers and JCOs/ ORs retired/ discharged/ died/ invalided out from service prior to 01.01.2016.
Office of the Principal CDA(Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211014
Circular No. 582
Dated: 5th September, 2017
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICI/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Rationalization of Casualty Pensionary Awards in respect of Armed Forces Officers and JCOs/ ORs retired/ discharged/ died/ invalided out from service prior to 01.01.2016.
Reference: 1. This office Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016.
2.. MoD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 4th September 2017
Copy of GOI, MoD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 4th September 2017 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-9 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th October’ 2016, the issue of Disability Element of Disability Pension under 7th Central Pay Commission war referred to the National Anomalies Committee to decide methodology for calculation. The National Anomalies Committee had recommended that parity with Civilians for grant of Disability Element that was granted to Defence Forces under 6th CPC, shall be maintained.
3. As per provision of the ibid MOD order dated 4th September 2017, Disability Element of Armed Forces Pensioners shall also be revised by multiplying the existing rate of Disability Element as had been drawn on 31.12.2015 by factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of Disability Element as on 01.01.2016. The amount of revised disability element so arrived shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.
4. In terms of Para-3 of GOI, MOD letter dated 4th September 2017, Ex-Gratia Awards to Cadet (Direct) in cases of disablement, quoted under Para-13 of GOI, MOD letter dated 29th October’ 2016 shall be replaced with the following-
“13. Ex-Gratia Awards to Cadet (Direct)
The Ex-Gratia Award payable to Cadet (Direct)/ NOKs in cases of disablement/ death shall be payable subject to the same conditions as hitherto in force in the event of invalidment on medical ground/ death of a Cadet (Direct) due to causes attributable to or aggravated by military training-
(i) Monthly Ex-Gratia amount of ` 9,000/- PM.
(ii) In cases of disablement, Ex-Gratia disability award @ 16,200/- PM shall be payable in addition for 100% of disability during period of disablement subject to pro-rata reduction in case the degree of disablement is less than 100%.”No ex-gratia disability award shall be payable in cases where the degree of disablement is less than 20%.
5. The Constant Attendant Allowance (CAA) shall continue to be admissible under the condition as hitherto fore at the exiting rates i.e. Rs 4500/- from 1.1.2016 to 30.06.2017.However, it shall now be admissible at the enhanced uniform rate of Rs. 6750/- per month, irrespective of the rank with effect from 1.7.2017.
6. Maximum ceiling quoted under Para-5.4 of GOI, MOD letter dated 29th October’ 2016, shall be applicable only in the case of Service/ Retiring Pension, Service Element of Disability/ Liberalized Disability/ War Injury Pension and Ordinary Family Pension. Maximum ceiling is not applicable in the cases of Disability/ Liberalized Disability/ War Injury Element, Special/ Liberalized Family Pension etc., granted under casualty
7. Provisions of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated . 4th September 2017 shall take effect from 01.01.2016.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
Asst. Controller (P)
No. Grants/Tech /7th CPC/0181/III
Dated: 5th September, 2017