PCDA Circular 216 : Transfer of Pension Account in respect of Armed Forces / Defence Civilian pensioners from India to Nepal and vice versa
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211 014,
1. Military and Air Attaché, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
2. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C‐7, Second Floor, Bandre‐ Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai‐400051
3. The Director of Treasuries of all states
4. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
5. The CDA (PD) Meerut
6. The CDA‐Chennai
7. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)
8. The Pay & Accounts Officers
9. The DPDO
10. The Post Master Kathua
Sub: Transfer of Pension Account in respect of Armed Forces/Defence Civilian pensioners from India to Nepal and vice versa.
Ref: Defence Pension Payment Instruction (DPPI)‐2013 and this office Circular No. 206 dated 02.11.2018.
In continuation to this office Circular No.206 dated 02.11.2018, attention of all Pension Disbursing Authorities is invited towards the transfer of pension account from India to Nepal and vice versa in respect of Nepal domiciled pensioners. In this regard, all Pension Disbursing Authorities are well aware of the procedure to be adopted in the transfer of pension account of the pensioners and instructions have also been issued through DPPI‐ 2013 as well as circulars from time to time.
2. Despite the above, various pensioners and Pensioner’s Associations are frequently representing that Pension Disbursing Authorities are not taking prompt action in the transfer of pension account cases. Resulting in pensioners financial hardship. All concerned are well aware that after struck off the name from one Pension Disbursing Authority’s pensioner’s strength, a pensioner can get his pension only after taking the name of another Pension Disbursing Authority’s pensioner’s strength. Therefore, it is the responsibility of all concerned to take immediate action in all such cases, so that pensioners may get their pension from new transferee PDA without delay.
3. Special attention is drawn towards Nepal domiciled pensioners who wish to transfer their pension accounts from India to Nepal or Nepal to India. As per existing procedure, on receipt of application from the pensioners, transferor PDA (existing PDA) is required to forward all original documents to the new PDA routed through PCDA(Pensions). After the necessary check, the documents are required to be forwarded by this office to transferee PDA (New PDA) along with a corrigendum PPO as stipulated in Para‐3 of Circular No. 206 dated 02.11.2018. It has been noticed that cases are being delayed in initiation at PDA’s end, forwarding of LPC‐cum‐Data Sheet from concerned Record Offices/Head of Offices and pensioners are facing financial hardship due to delay in the process.
Keeping in view the problems of Nepal domiciled pensioners, it has been decided to handle such cases through a dedicated ‘Nepal Cell’ (Audit Section)’ of this office. This Cell will monitor centrally the transfer of pension account cases of pensioners who wish to transfer their pension account from India to Nepal and vice versa. ‘ Nepal Cell (Audit Section) of this office will work as the nodal point where all documents related to transfer of pension account from India to Nepal and vice versa will be received from transferor PDA (Existing PDA) and transmitted to transferee PDA (New PDA) under intimation to concerned Record Offices/Head of Offices along with a copy of Corrigendum PPO reflecting details of changed PDA to enable the updation of the database of this office for a future revision of PPOs as well as issuance/dispatch of corrigendum PPOs to be issued at a later stage.
Revised methodology for Transfer of Pension Accounts from India to Nepal & vice versa and action to be taken on the part of pensioner, PDA and this office is as under:
(a)‐ Pensioner shall submit a simple application in duplicate in enclosed Format (Annexure‐A) to the existing Pension Disbursing Authority for transfer of pension account. Original application will be received by the Pension Disbursing Authority and a Duplicate copy of the application will be returned to the pensioner duly acknowledged by the PDA.
(b)‐ Existing Pension Disbursing Authority (Transferor PDA) will complete Annexure‐‘B’ and Form‐I/IMP‐5(A)/D‐II and forward all documents to the OIC ‘Nepal Cell (Audit section)’ of this office.
(c)‐ ‘Nepal Cell (Audit Section)’ of this office will scrutinize the documents and take necessary action for processing of Corrigendum PPO reflecting details of new PDA.
(d)‐ After the generation of Corrigendum PPO, Nepal Cell(Audit Section) of this office will forward all original documents to transferee PDA (New PDA) through Insured Post.
(e)‐ On receipt of all pension documents as mentioned in Annexure‐‘B’ and Corrigendum PPO, transferee PDA (New PDA) will take the name of the pensioner on their pensioner’s strength and commence the payment of pension immediately. Arrears, if any, will be payable from the next date of pension last paid by the transferor PDA.
(f)‐ Simultaneously, Transferee (new) PDA will complete Annexure‐‘C’ and forward the same to Transferor PDA and OIC Audit‐Nepal Cell of this office along with Form‐II/IMP‐ 5/D‐I and Annexure‐‘D’.
(g)‐ In case, transferee PDA is Bank, an Annexure‐‘D’ will be given by the bank to the pensioner in token of their acceptance for payment of pension. On receipt of said Annexure‐‘D’, the pensioner will submit the same to his/her existing Pension Disbursing Authority where he/she has applied for transfer of his/her pension account.
(h)‐ Nepal domiciled pensioners who are desirous to transfer their pension accounts from India to Nepal or Nepal to India may also send a copy of their transfer application to the OIC Audit Nepal Cell, O/o the PCDA (Pensions), Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad‐ 211014 through Registered Post or this office mail ID cda‐albd[at]nic.in to enable this office to expedite their transfer of pension account and issue necessary instruction to the concern Pension Disbursing Authority.
This circular is available on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
Encls: Annexure‐‘A’ to ‘D’
Deputy Controller (Pensions)
Click here to download PDF Copy here
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates