Opportunity to Central Government Employees to exercise / re-exercise option for pay fixation – Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Clarifications – FinMin Order No. 04-21/2017-IC/E.IIIA – Dated 15.04.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 15 April, 2021
Subject:- Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Clarifications – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s O.M. of even No. dated 28th November, 2019 on the subject noted above. In the said O.M. dated 28.11.2019, in para ‘7’, the employees who have been regularly promoted or granted financial up-gradation on or after 01.01.2016 and desire to exercise/re-exercise option for pay fixation under FR 22(1)(a)(I) were given an opportunity to exercise or re-exercise of their option for pay fixation within one month of the date of issue of the said O.M. dated 28.11.2019. However, a large number of references have been received in this Department seeking condonation of delay and allowing another opportunity to exercise/re-exercise the option for pay fixation as allowed under O.M, dated 28.11.2019 as the employees have faced time constraint, etc. in exercising their option for pay fixation thereunder.
2. The issue has been examined in this Department and the Competent Authority in partial modification of the conditions enumerated in para ‘7’ of the said O.M. has approved for allowing another opportunity to Government employees to exercise/re-exercise option for pay fixation as allowed under O.M. dated 28.11.2019 within three months from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum. No further request for extension of date or relaxation of condition in exercising of option will be entertained under any circumstances.
3. All other conditions of O.M. dated 28.11.2019 remain unchanged.
4. In their application to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India’ .
5. Hindi Version of these orders is attached.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries/Departments as per standard list. With the request to bring the content of this O.M. to the notice of all employees concerned.
2. C&AG, UPSC etc. as per standard endorsement list.
3. In-charge, R&I, for it’s circulation among all Ministries/Departments.