Night Duty Allowance to Railway Employees: Ceiling limit for entitlement of NDA
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 85/2022
New Delhi, dated 21.07.2022
The General Managers/CAOs,
All Indian Railways &
Sub: Payment of Night Duty Allowance (NDA) to Railway employees – Clarifications reg.
Please refer to Board’s letter of even number dated 29.09.2020 (RBE No. 83/2020) whereby para 2 of Board’s letter of even number dated 08.03.2018 (RBE No. 36/2018) has been modified duly incorporating a clause of ceiling of basic pay of Rs. 43600/- for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance as per the instructions of DoP&T.
2. After issue of Board’s instructions dt. 29.09.2020, the demand of the Federations/Associations has been received to remove the basic pay ceiling limit for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance. The matter has been examined in consultation with DoP&T and MoF(DoE) and it has been decided as under:
- NDA may be granted to all eligible non-gazetted employees of Ministry of Railways up to Pay Level-7 (including those who are granted the benefit of MACP in Pay Level – 8). However, maximum Basic Pay for working out hourly rate of NDA shall remain Rs. 43600/- i.e. the prescribed ceiling fixed vide Board’s letter of even number dt. 29.09.2020.
- Other terms and conditions to grant NDA shall remain unchanged.
3. The above instructions would be effective provisionally w.e.f. 04.07.2022 i.e. from the date of issue of approval by Ministry of Finance on the subject.
4. Further, the matter is being referred separately to Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure for clarification reg. date of effect of the decision and reg. the issue of recovery of NDA.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
Joint Director, Estt. (P&A)