Medical facilities to retired railway employees – RELHS

The RELHS (Retired Employees Liberalised Health Scheme) for the retired railway employees for availing medical facilities may soon be started, assured A K Goyal, member of Railway Board, while meeting a delegation of the members of All India Retired Railwaymen’s Federation (AIRRF) in New Delhi.This information was given by Kishan Singh, zonal president of AIRRF, while holding a meeting of retired employees in the city. The retired railwaymen had been demanding restoration of the scheme, which was closed on March 31, 2010.

Further, member railway board has assured the delegation that general managers and divisional railway managers of different zones and divisions would be instructed to give replies to the letters of various pensioner associations and solve the grievances of the retired railway employees.

The delegation also raised the matter that various circulars issued by the Railway Board and pension ministry explaining benefits extended to the pensioners by different pay commissions are not reaching the railway employees due to which they are deprived of the various facilities. Facilities such as pension to unmarried, widowed, divorced daughters, parents, physically handicapped children, extension of complimentary passes are being provided by the railway ministry but due to lack of information many are not able to utilise the facilities.

The delegation members comprised Y N Sastry, president AIRRF, D P Duggal, working president from Bikaner, Kishan Singh, zonal president, Munsa Singh, zonal president from Jalandhar, M M P Sinha, zonal president of East Coastal Railway and Onkar Nath.

Source : Times of India


  1. I want to know the details about payment of fixed medical allowance which is being paid under RELHS to pensioners retired prior to 1996 and living more than 5 kilometers from the nearest Railway Hospital. How much FMP is to be paid to a pensioner in PB3 band and What formalities are to be observed to get it?
    Being at the age of 80 years & having no links with the Railways except getting pension & passes, I need help to get FMP if I am entitled.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here