Maintenance of ACRg/APARs in respect of stenographer Grade I & II, Private Secretary and Sr. Private Secretary in Department of Posts.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 04 July, 2019
1. A11 Chief Postmasters Ge neral,/Postmasters General
2. Chief Ge neral Manager, BD&M/Parcel/PLI Directorate.
3. Director, RAKNPA/GM, CEPT/Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
Subject : Maintenance of ACRg/APARs in respect of stenographer Grade I & II, Private Secretary and Sr. Private Secretary in Department of Posts.
At present, ACRs/APARs in respect of Stenographer Grade-I & II, Private Secretary and Sr. Private Secretary in Department of Posts are maintained by their concerned controlling authorities in their respective Circles.
2. Meetings of DPC for promotion from Stenographer Grade-I to the grade of Private Secretary as well as from Private Secretary to the grade of Sr. Private Secretary are held at Directorate level. Similarly, the DPC for promotion from Stenographer Grade-II to Grade-I is also conducted at Circle level. While convening DPC at Directorate/Circle Office, it has been observed that collection of ACRs/APARs takes considerable time leading to delay in convening DPC, which in turn delays promotion.
3. In order to make ACR/APAR dossiers easily available for holding meetings of DPC at Directorate/Circle Office, it has been decided that henceforth ACR/APAR dossiers of Stenographers Grade-I & II, Private Secretaries and Sr. Private Secretaries shall be maintained at Circle Office. APMG (Staff/AD (Staff) in the Office of CPMG shall be the custodian of ACR/APAR dossiers of Stenographers Grade-I & II, Private Secretaries and Sr. Private Secretaries of the concerned Postal Circle. Further, APMG (Staff)/AD (Staff) shall ensure timely completion of APARs of Stenographers Grade-I & II, Private Secretaries and Sr. Private Secretaries as per the prescribed guidelines and shall apprise Head of circle by 31st December every year
4. It is clarified here that changes mentioned above are only with respect to custody of ACR/APAR dossiers and there is no change in the present system with respect to Reporting/Reviewing authority of the APAR.
5. Instructions contained in DoP&T O.M. No. 21011/1/2006-Estt.(A)(Pt.II) dated 23.07.2009 regarding preparation and maintenance of APAR as amended from time to time should be strictly adhered to.
Assistant Director General (SPG)