Keeping double/additional Transport Allowance out of the 50% /35% ceiling relating to Divyangjan: DPE OM
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan,
Block No.14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
Dated: the 21st February, 2022
Subject: Keeping double/additional Transport Allowance out of the 50% /35% ceiling relating to Divyangjan-reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to the order of the office of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social, Justice and Empowerment, in the matter of Sh. K. Shiva Reddy & ors., DM finance, a visually impaired employee case No. 11927/1024/2020 dated 12.02.2021 recommending to amend DPE OM no. W-02/0030/2018-DPE (WC) dated 10.07.2018, so as to include Additional Transport Allowance / Double Transport Allowance in the list of perks / allowance / benefits exempted from upper ceiling limit.
2. DPE OM dated 03.08.2017 authorizes to the Board of Director to decide on perks and allowances and states that all allowances are within the ceiling of 35% of Basic Pay except the allowances mentioned therein.
3. The matter has been examined in consultation with the DoE and it has been decided as under:
1) The PwD employees in terms of DoE OM dated 07.07.2017, may be paid double the transport allowance to facilitate their accessibility to & fro the office.
2) Additional amount of Transport allowance payable to PwD employees in terms of DoE OM dated 07.07.2017, is to be kept outside the overall ceiling of cafeteria approach.
4. Accordingly, Para 3(vi) of DPE OMs dated 10.07.2018 and Para 9 of DPE OM dated 03.08.2017 stand amended.
5. CPSEs are advised to fix or review amount of Transport Allowance to be reasonable within set of allowances under the cafeteria approach in consultation with their concerned Administrative Ministry/ Department for the purpose of calculation of double/ additional Transport Allowance admissible as above, keeping in view the terms of DoE OM dated 07.07.2017 and DPE guidelines.
6. All administrative Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are requested to bring the foregoing to the notice of the CPSEs under their administrative control for necessary action at their end.
7 This issues with the approval of competent authority.