JK Government Degree Colleges Adoption of UGC Revised Pay Level Rules 2018
GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
Civil Secretariat, Srinagar/Jammu
Srinagar, the 31st May, 2018.
SRO-243 – In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to section 124 of the Constitution of Jammu & Kashmir, the Governor is pleased to make the following rules, namely :-
1. Short title & commencement:.
i. These Rules shall be called the Jammu & Kashmir Government Degree Colleges (Adoption of UGC Revised Pay Levels) Rules 2018.
ii. These Rules shall come into force from 1st day of January, 2016.
2. Application. – These rules shall apply to the faculty members and members of Library & Physical Education Service of Government Degree Colleges who were in service on 01.01.2016 holding or would have, but for their deputation or posting outside their parent cadre, held such posts either in substantive, officiating or temporary capacity;
Provided that with effect from the commencement of these rules, the organisational hierarchy of the faculty members of the Government Degree Colleges shall be as under: –
i. Assistant Professors,
ii. Associate Professors, and
Provided further there shall be no change in the present designations in respect of Library and Physical Education Officers at various levels;
Provided also that the revised hierarchy shall be adopted in respect of the Government Degree Colleges subject to such recruitment, promotion, selection process and criteria thereof as may be prescribed for the purpose by the UGC/MHRD.
3. Definitions. – In these rules unless the context otherwise requires:-
a. “Degree College” means a Government College established as such by the Govemment;
b. “Faculty Member” means & includes a Professor, Associate Professor. Assistant Professor or any other employee notified by the Government as Faculty Member or Teacher of the College and includes the Principal of the College;
c. “UGC” means the University Grants Commission of India;
d. “UGC Pay Scale1 Structure” means the pay scale I pay structure adopted by the University Grants Commission of India;
e. “Existing basic pay” means the pay drawn in the prescribed existing Pay Band and Grade Pay or Pay drawn in the existing pay scale;
f. “Existing Pay Band and Grade Pay” means the Pay Band and the Grade Pay applicable to the post held as on the date immediately before the commencement of these rules;
g. “Existing scale” means the pay scale applicable to the post held as on the date immediately before the date of commencement of these rules;
h. “Existing pay structure” means the present system of Pay Band and Grade Pay or the Pay Scale applicable to the post held as on the date immediately before the commencement of these rules ;
i. “Existing emoluments” mean the sum of (i) existing basic pay and (ii) existing dearness allowance as on 1st day of January, 2016:
j. “Pay matrix” means Matrix specified in the Schedule, with Levels of Pay arranged in vertical cells as assigned to corresponding existing Pay Band and Grade Pay or existing scale;
k. “Academic Level” in the Pay Matrix means the Level corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay or existing scale as specified in the Schedule;
l. “Pay in the Academic level” means pay in the appropriate Cell of the Level as specified in the Schedule;
m. “Revised pay structure” in relation to a post means the Pay Matrix and the Levels specified therein corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay or existing scale of the post unless a different revised Level is notified separately for that post;
n. “Basic pay” in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Academic Level in the Pay Matrix;
o. “Revised emoluments” means the pay in the Academic Level in the revised pay structure; and
p. “Schedulen means the Schedule appended to these rules as Annexure-I.
4. Revised Pay structure,for,faculty members and equivalent positions:
(1) The revised pay structure for different categories of Faculty Members (Teachers) and equivalent positions shall be as under:-
(i) Revised Pay structure for Faculty Members (Teachers) in Government Degree Colleges:
(ii) Revised Pay for Librarians in Government Degree Colleges:
(iii) Revised Pay for Officers of Physical Education & Sports in Government Degree Colleges:
(iv) Revised Pay of Principals in Colleges: The pay of Principals in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Colleges shall be as under:
i. Under Graduate Colleges. – The pay of Principals shall be equivalent to the pay of Associate Professor i.e. Academic Level 13A with Entry Pay of Rs. 1,31,400/-, with the existing special allowance of Rs. 2000/- per month.
ii. Post Graduate Colleges. – The pay of Principals shall be equivalent to the pay of Professor i.e. at Academic Level 14 with Entry Pay of Rs.1,44,200/, with the existing special allowance of Rs. 3000/- per month.
iii. The existing pay scale of person appointed as Principal shall be protected.
iv. Principals would continue to have lien in their main academic post where they would continue to get notional promotions while they are functioning as Principals. After completion of their tenure as Principals, they would go back to their academic post and draw salary due in such respective academic posts, and would not continue to have the Principals’ Pay
(2) The Pay Matrix based on the above propositions on Academic Levels1 Cells and Entry Pay is at Annexure-I.
5. Fixation of’Pay. – The fixation of pay in the revised pay structure for different categories of Faculty Members (Teachers) and equivalent positions shall be carried out as per the procedurelpattern prescribed under Jamrnu & Kashmir Civil Service (Revised) Pay Rules, 2018 notified vide SRO 193 dated 24.04.2018
6. Incentive increment for higher qualzfication. – The incentive structure is builtin in the pay structure itself wherein those having M.Phil or Ph.D. degree will progress faster under CAS. Therefore, there shall be no incentives in the form of advance increments for obtaining the degrees of M.Phil or Ph.D. However, the existing provisions of assured career progression shall continue.
7. Increments – The increments in the revised ay structure shall also be regulated as per the procedurelpattern prescribed under Jammu & Kashmir Civil Service (Revised) Pay Rules, 201 8 notified vide SRO 193 dated 24.04.2018.
8. Recruitment & Promotions. – The new measures recommended by the UGC regarding methods of recruitment, promotion, Performance Assessment system, etc as approved by the Central Government shall be strictly followed/ adhered to.
9. Creation of new Posts. – No post shall be created in future under the Government except in one of the revised Academic Levels shown in the Schedule appended to these rules. All posts created or upgraded on or after 01.01.2016 to the date of issue of these rules shall be deemed to have been created or upgraded in the corresponding Academic Levels for those posts.
10. Mode ofpayment of arrears ofpay. – The payment of arrears on account of the revision of pay under these rules from 1st day of January, 2016 to 3 1st day of March, 2018 shall be regulated as per the pattern notified under Government Order No. 220-F of 2018 dated 24.04.2018.
12. Overriding effect of rules. – The provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services Regulations, the Jammu & Kashmir Government Degree Colleges (Adoption of UGC Scale) Revised Pay Rules 1991, the Jammu & Kashmir Government Degree Colleges (Adoption of UGC Scale) Revised Pay Rules 2002, & the Jammu & Kashmir Government Degree Colleges (Adoption of UGC Scale) Revised Pay Rules 2009, shall not, save as otherwise provided in these rules, apply to cases where pay is regulated under these rules, to the extent they are inconsistent with these rules.
13. Interpretation. – If any question arises relating to interpretation of any of the provisions of these Rules, it shall be referred to the Government in Finance Department for decision, the decision whereof shall be binding & final.
By order of the Governor,
(Navin K. Choudhary), IAS,
Principal Secretary to Government,