The Additional Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana
1. The Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana (Establishment-I/II).
2. All the Administrative Secretaries to Govt. Haryana.
3. All Head of Departments in Haryana.
4. Commissioners of Divisions-Hisar, Ambala, Karnal, Faridabad, Rohtak, Gurugram.
5. All Deputy Commissioners in Haryana.
6. The Registrar (General), Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.
7. All Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) in Haryana.
Dated : 25.06.2020
Subject : Instructions regarding preparing reply to the legal notices & court cases related to grant of House Rent Allowance w.e.f. 1.1.2016 instead of 1.8.2019.
Reference on the subject noted above.
As aware, instructions have been issued by the Finance Department vide No.4/2/2017-5FR(FD) dated 30.7.2019 for grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) under 7th Pay Structure w.e.f. 01.08.2019, as amended vide even number dated 14.08.2019 and 22.08.2019.
Many employees/retirees are filing legal notices and Civil Writ Petitions for grant of HRA w.e.f. 01.01.2016 instead of 01.08.2019. Cases are received in the Finance Department for vetting of draft reply to be filed in the Hon’ble High Court in different CWPs. Therefore to maintain uniformity in such cases, please find enclosed herewith a draft copy of “Preliminary Submissions” on the matter in question.
Also Read : DA / DR Freeze for Haryana Government Employees
It is advised to prepare detailed reply/written statement to the legal notices/CWPs as per facts of each case individually and file the same in the Hon’ble High Court after getting it vetted from 0/o Ld. Advocate General, Haryana under intimation to the Finance Department.
Copy of this communication may be downloaded from the official website of the Finance Department i.e. www.finhry.gov.in also.
DA: As above.
Under Secretary Finance (FR)
for Additional Chief Secretary to Government,
Haryana Finance Department
Endst. No. 13/1(1)/2020-5FR(FD)/7319