Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours / Leave Travel Concession (LTC) – reg

Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure

North Block. New Delhi
Dated the 9th July, 2013

Office Memorandum

Subject: Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours / Leave Travel Concession (LTC) – reg.

Reference is invited to instructions issued by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance from time-to-time regarding the procedure for booking of air tickets on Government account. As per existing procedure Government officials/offices can book the air tickets directly from Airlines (at Booking counters / Website of Airlines) and if needed, by utilizing the services of authorized agents. viz. M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited (BLCL) and M/s Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT) [Department of Expenditure OM No.19024/1/2009-E.IV dated 16/09/2010 refers]. Air tickets for travel on LTC, to a limited extent, can also be get booked through Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation(IRCTC) [Department of Personnel & Training 0M No. 31011/6/2002-Estt.(A) dated 02/12/2009 refers].

2. It has now been decided to include IRCTC as an authorized for the purpose of booking air tickets on Government account. Accordingly, if the services of a travel agent for booking air tickets on Government account is to be availed of, in addition to BLCL and ATT, the services of IRCTC can also be availed of.

3. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India. etc. may accordingly bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned for strict compliance.

(Subhash Chand)
Deputy Secretary of Government of India

Original Order :


  1. 1 .Iam in level six on seventh pay commission
    Can I travel only in air India on official tour on economy class or private air line economy class .
    2 . on LTC iam eligible for 2tier ac should. I travel in Rajdhani train . can explain .

  2. My basic pay is Rs 19320/-+DA 17388/- = Rs 36708/-/30 days but my office is saying that basic pay+ da – total /31 days. Please specify it should be divide by 30 days or 31 days. Thanks


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here