GPF Interest Rate from April 2021 to June 2021
F. No. 5(4)-B(PD)/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
North Block, New-Delhi
Dated the 19th April, 2021
Subject: Rate of Interest on General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds including Special Deposit Schemes, 1975 (SDS, 1975) for non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for first Quarter of financial year 2021-22.
The undersigned is directed to state that during the year 2021-2022, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2021. The funds concerned are:
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
Also Check : GPF Interest Calculator 2020-21
2. Also, the deposits made under the Special Deposit Scheme for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds, announced in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) Notification No.F.16(1)-PD/75 dated 30th June, 1975, shall with effect from 1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021 bear interest at 7.1% (seven point one percent). This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2021.
3. This issues with the approval of Hon’ble Finance Minister.
Under Secretary (Budget)