Extension of the LTC block year 2018-21 for 3 months: DOPT O.M dt 27.12.2022
F.No. 31011/24/2022-Estt. A-IV
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated: 27th December, 2022
Subject: Extension of the LTC block year 2018-21 (extended) for a period of three months – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above mentioned subject and to state that as per rule 10 of the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988, a Government servant who is unable to avail of the LTC within a particular block of two years or four years may avail of the same within the first year of the next block of two years or four years. Accordingly, the block year 2018-21 was deemed extended upto 31st December, 2022 by virtue of rule 10 of the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988.
Also Read: Relaxation in the eligibility service – change in the crucial date i.e. 1st January DOPT
2. In relaxation of Rule 10 of the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988, exercising the powers conferred under Rule 18 – ‘Power to relax’, of the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988, it has now been decided with the approval of competent authority to extend the LTC Block year 2018-2021 (extended) for a period of three months i.e. upto 31st March, 2023.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel: 2304 0341
All Secretaries of Ministries! Departments of the Government of India
(As per the standard list)
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
- Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
- Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
- Central Bureau of Investigation, New Delhi.
- Parliament Library, New Delhi.
- All Union Territory Administrations.
- Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
- All Attached and Subordinate Offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions.
- Hindi Section for Hindi version
Follow us on Telegram Channel, Twitter and Facebook for all latest updates