Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan) is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of central or state government, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation or any other government organization whose pension disbursing agency is live for DLC can take benefit of this facility. They need not visit the office of disbursing agency for physical submission of life certificate and instead may use the Aadhaar enabled biometric authentication mechanism to generate DLC.
Leveraging the extensive postal network of Department of Posts (DoP), India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) with its unique ability to deliver services at the doorsteps of the pensioners in an assisted mode, is now facilitating the generation of DLC based on the integration with application designed and maintained by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Government of India.
List of documents required for generating Digital Life Certificate
- Pensioner must have an Aadhaar number
- Pensioner must have an existing mobile number
- Registration of the Aadhaar number with pension disbursing agency (bank/ post office etc.) should be done already
- Pensioner should also keep the following details handy**:
- Type of pension
- Sanctioning authority
- Disbursing agency
- PPO number
- Account number (pension)
How to Generate Digital Life Certificate ?
The Pensioners can either Generate DLC themselves or Let Others do it for them. The Pensioner can register and get a JP/DLC done at the below places:
i) Pensioner can download the JP application (Generate DLC themselves) from the JP Portal https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/app/download & install client application on android based smart Phone/tablet or Windows PC/Laptop for DLC generation.
ii) Pensioner can visit any nearest Centre (having facilities for digital services) like the Citizen Service Centre (CSC), the Government Office /Banks designated for generating the DLCs and get themselves registered online using their services. Pensioner might have to pay nominally for this). The All India List of such CSCs (name & address) in various States across India is posted on JP portal at: https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/locater
Digital Life Certificate Services
- This service is available for IPPB and non-IPPB customers.
- To avail DLC service, a customer can contact the nearest post office or place a request for a doorstep visit by the postman / Gramin Dak Sevak. Department of Posts have also enabled scheduling of doorstep request through the Post Info app or through the website “ http://ccc.cept.gov.in/covid/request.aspx ” To Book Doorstep Request through India Post, Click Here
- Issuance of DLC is a completely paperless, seamless and hassle free process, and the certificate is generated instantly.
- On successful completion, a Pramaan ID is generated that is shared with pensioner by NIC directly.
- Once the Pramaan ID is generated, pensioners may download the DLC through the link https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ppouser/login.
- For every successful generation of DLC, a nominal fee of Rs. 70 (inclusive of GST/ CESS) will be charged.
- There will be no doorstep charges levied for IPPB or non-IPPB customers for issuance of DLC.
Procedure respecting Pensioners issued with pension book, will have the Annual Identification is processed by concerned office only on phone of the competent authority This practice has been recognised by National Information Center also…
Contact Number of organisation concerned is more effective, and the next due date is furnished by the Competent Authority…
Going to the home branch is much more easier than this nonsense and it for it is for pure Central Government and state government and not for the autonomous bodies like CSIR etc