Dearness Relief to West Bengal Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners whose pension /family pension has not been revised in terms of F.D.Memo No. 200-F(Pen) and No. 201-F(Pen) both dated 25.02.2009 (&) 242 % with effect from 01.01.2019
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Finance Department, Pension Branch
Writer’s Buildings, Block-IV, 2nd Floor
Kolkata — 700 001
No. 354-F (Pen)
Dated Kolkata, the 6th July,2018
Subject : Grant of Dearness Relief to State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension /family pension has not been revised in terms of F.D.Memo No. 200-F(Pen) and No. 201-F(Pen) both dated 25.02.2009 (&) 242 % with effect from 01.01.2019
In continuation of this Department Memo No. 505-F(Pen) dated 12.09.2017 sanctioning instalment of relief with effect from 01.01.2018 to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners whose pension / family pension has not been revised in terms of F.D.Memo No. 200-F (Pen) and No. 201-F(Pen) both dated 25.02.2009, the undersigned is directed to state that the Governor is pleased to decide that such State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners shall draw Dearness Relief @ 242 % of basic pension and dearness pension taken together with effect from 01.01.2019 onwards in supersession of the rate 199% as on 01.01.2018 as mentioned in the Order dated 12.09.2017 as mentioned above.
2. The calculation of Dearness Relief shall be made taking into account the Basic Pension and Dearness Pension as introduced in this Department Memo No. 2415-F dated 27.3.2007.
3. Payment of relief on Pension/ Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. It will now be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority to calculate the quantum of relief on Pension / Family Pension payable to each individual case and to make necessary adjustment for overpayment / underpayment, if any.
5. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal, will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other States.
6. The Treasury / Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
Sd/- K. K. Banerjee
Deputy Secretary to the
Govt, of West Bengal