Children Education Allowance – 7th Pay Commission
Children Education Allowance is paid to central government employees to take care of schooling and hostel requirements of their children. The rates of CEA are double for a differently abled child
Children Education Allowance Details
|CEA (₹ pm)||1500×1.5 = 2250||Whenever DA increases by 50%, CEA shall increase by 25%|
|Hostel Subsidy (₹ pm)||4500 x 1.5 = 6750 (ceiling)||Whenever DA increases by 50%, Hostel Subsidy shall increase by 25%|
The allowance will continue to be double for differently abled children
- The amount fixed for reimbursement of Children Education allowance will be Rs.2250/-pm.
- The amount fixed for reimbursement of Hostel Subsidy will be Rs. 6750/-pm.
- The above limits would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. The allowance will be double for differently abled children.
Children Education Allowance Reimbursement Procedure
Children Education Allowance reimbursement will be done just once a year, after completion of the financial year.
- For reimbursement of CEA, a certificate from the head of institution, where the ward of government employee studies, will be sufficient for this purpose. [Download Certificate Format here]
- The certificate should confirm that the child studied in the school during the previous academic year. [Download Self Declaration Form….]
- For Hostel Subsidy, a similar certificate from the head of institution will suffice, with the additional requirement that the certificate should mention the amount of expenditure incurred by the government servant towards lodging and boarding in the residential complex. [Download Certificate Format here]
- The amount of expenditure mentioned, or the ceiling as mentioned above, whichever is lower, shall be paid to the employee.
- CEA shall be effective from 1st July, 2017.
- Based on the 7th Pay Commission recommendation, DOPT released the Office Memorandum No.A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 16th August,2017 to implement the Children Education Allowance.
- The annual ceiling fixed for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for differently abled children of government employees is now Rs.54,000/ [DOPT Order No. A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 31st October, 2017]
- In case both the spouses are Government servants, only one of them can avail reimbursement under Children Education Allowance. [DOPT Order No. A-27012/02/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 31st October, 2017]
CEA – Important 7th CPC DOPT Orders
cea can claim if there is spelling error in child name
can we reimburse for textbook, uniforms, shoe etc in 7th pay commission CEA
can we reimbursement for textbook, uniforms, shoe etc in 7th pay commission CEA
Greetings and Happy New year
How much CEA Allowance is Reccmanded after 7cpc for ex servicemen
Seniority after merging of post
PL.give me order
PL.give details of family planning allowance