BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme 2019
1. Eligibility Criteria:-
All regular employees, both absorbed and directly recruited, of BSNL who attains 50 years or above as on effective date of VRS,ie 31/01/2020, are eligible.
2. Important Dates:-
a. Start of option : 04/11/2019
b. Closing of option ; 03/12/2019 up to 1730 hrs.
c. Effective Date of VRS : 31/10/2020
i. Ex-gratia – 35 days salary for each completed year of service+25 days salary for each year of service left, until superannuation, provided further ex-gratia shall not exceed the salary he/she would have drawn at the existing level for the service period left.
ii. For employees absorbed in BSNL under Rule 37A, ex-gratia shall be restricted to the amount which taken together with the pension that the employee would be drawing for the balance period left till superannuation. Provided further that the ex-gratia shall not exceed 125% of the salary of the employee would have drawn at the existing level for service period left.
4. Employees opting VRS are entitled for the terminal & other benefits under existing rules as below:-
i. For Absorbed employees:-
- Pension/Family Pension from the next day of effective date of VRS
- Retirement Gratuity:-
- For employees above 55 years- within one month from the date of attaining 60 years
- For employees 55 and below – in February 2025.
- Incase of death of the retired employee before due date of payment of gratuity , the amount shall be released immediately to family along with interest.
- Simple interest @GPF rates(currently 7.9%) will be paid till the date of release of gratuity
ii. For BSNL Recruited employees and those appointed under Rule 37, gratuity shall be paid without deferment.
iii. Commutation of Pension:-
Full pension will be paid till the employee opt for commutation as below:-
- For employees above 50 years- on attaining 60 years
- For employees 55 and below- on 01/02/2025.
iv. Encashment of EL/HPL, TA/DA to place of settlement after VRS, Retention of staff quarters, RTC, Post-retirement medical facilities allowed as per existing rules and procedures, amended from time to time.
5. The eligible employees are required to login to the ERP/ESS portal (http://sp05rpxl.erp.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal) for exercising his option for seeking voluntary retirement under the BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme -2019. Physical copies in triplicate signed in blue ink by the employee concerned shall be submitted to the administrative office concerned, within three days of giving option in ESS.
ii. The option once exercised under this Scheme shall be final and decision of the competent authority shall be binding on the employee(s).Provided that the employee(s) will be allowed to withdraw the option only once at any time till the closing time and date of option.
6. A helpdesk has been opened in Circle Office at 6 floor, C wing with CAO(FA). Eligible and interested employees can contact the helpdesk at 022-49780294, during normal office hours for assistance.