Ad-hoc Bonus 2017-18 to West Bengal Government Employees
Government of West Bengal
Finance (Audit) Department
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Nabanna,
No. : 3425-F(P2)/FA/O/2M/493/12
Howrah, the 30th May, 2018
Subject : Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus to the State Government Employees and some other categories of Employees for the year 2017-2018.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to decide that the State Government employees who are not covered by any of the productivity linked Bonus Scheme and whose revised emoluments did not exceed Rs.28,000/ – per month as on 31st March, 2018 will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus for the accounting year 2017-2018 at the rate of Rs. 3,800/-(Rupees three thousand eight hundred) only per head. The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs.28,000/- p.m as on 31st March, 2018 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of pay or on fixed/consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:-
i. Ad-hoc Bonus admissible under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2018. For the employees drawing pay and allowances in terms of the West Bengal Services (Revision of Pay and Allowances) Rules, 2009 the term ‘revised emoluments’ in this order will mean and include pay in the pay band plus the grade pay in the revised pay structure and includes the non-practicing allowance, if any, Dearness Allowance, but will not include any other pay and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowances, etc.
For those who are drawing pay and allowances in the un-revised scale, the term `emoluments’ will mean and include basic pay, personal pay, special pay (additional remuneration), dearness pay, dearness allowance, deputation (duty) allowance, Steno Allowance but will not include specialist pay and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowance, etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term ‘revised emoluments’ will mean the consolidated contract pay drawn by them.
ii. The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.2018 exceeded Rs.28,000/- p.m but during the year 2017-2018 their emoluments at least for six months were less than Rs.28,000/- p.m, i.e., the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs.28,000/ – p.m on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of C.A. Scheme, enhancement of dearness allowance etc. after remaining less than Rs. 28,000/- p.m for at least six months, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus of Rs 3,800/- per head under this order.
iii. The employees who were in service on 31.03.2018 and rendered at least six months continuous service during the year 2017-2018 will be eligible for payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order.
Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases to the eligible employees for periods of continuous service during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded off to the nearest number of months). A fraction of 15 days or more should be counted as one month.
iv. The amount of ad-hoc bonus on pro-rata payment as admissible under 2(iii) herein before above will have to be calculated according to the following formula :-
Emoluments as on Eligibility period in number of months
31st March, 2018 X 12
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs.3,800/ – only.
v. The casual workers who have put in work at least for 120 days and the employees on consolidated pay in the year 2017-2018 will also be entitled to ad-hoc bonus under this order according to the following formula :-
Total amount of salary/wages earned during the year 2017-2018
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs. 3,800/- only.
The salary/wages in these cases should have the same meaning as ‘revised emoluments’ as defined in Para 2(i) hereinbefore.
3. The disbursement of Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned hereinbefore should be made in case of Muslim State Government employees by 8th June, 2018 and in case of other State Government employees (other than Muslim State Government employees) such disbursement should be made from 26th September, 2018 to 5th October, 2018.
In case of failure, the disbursement should be made as early as possible before the festival of Id-UI-Fitre/Durga Puja.
4. The charge in respect of payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order will be debitable to the detailed head viz., “Ad-hoc Bonus” the opening of which was sanctioned under the ‘Salary’ head sub-ordinate to all Major, Minor and sub-heads in the Revenue Expenditure section of the State Budget in terms of Para 9 of this Department’s Order No. 4611-F, dated 22.04.1988 and necessary fund for this purpose have been provided under the above-detailed heads in the budget grant available for 2018-2019.
5. The Governor is further pleased to direct that the benefit of ad-hoc bonus sanctioned under this order will also be available to different categories of employees who had been allowed the same in the last year in accordance with Finance Department’s Memo No. 3707-F(P2) dated 13.06.2017 by issue of Government Orders by various Departments in this connection. As done in the last year, orders for grant of ad-hoc bonus in respect of the employees of Statutory Bodies/Local Bodies/State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and such other categories of employees of various establishments, who were allowed ad-hoc bonus/ex-gratia at par with the State Government employees or at the rate not more than the rate as approved by the government in the last year, should be issued by the Department concerned without referring the file to Finance Department, Group `P2′.
6. Clarifications issued in previous years in respect of various points raised in connection with admissibility and drawal of ad-hoc bonus would continue to apply.
O.S.D. & Ex. Officio Special Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal